SoftTree SQL Assistant v9.1 (maintenance release) - What's New
New Features and Major Changes
- Visual Studio addon updated to support Visual Studio 2017
- Native plug-in for Notepad++ offers better integration.
- Support for Navicat database tools.
- New advanced object schema References analyzer supporting Oracle, DB2 UDB, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, and SQL Azure database servers.
- SQL Assistant SQL Editor now changes colors of running tabs, displays number of running tasks in the status bar, and supports persistent docking of the Task Manager with better control of the running queries.
- New database Session Monitor for monitoring database and user activities showing running queries and progress of long running operations with ETA.
- New Task Manager for monitoring and managing all kinds of background operations including query execution, data export and import tasks, data and schema object scripting, data transfers and so on.
- Improvements in the UI, SQL Assistant windows can be now docked to different sides of the editor and main windows, or be floated and moved to a second monitor.
- Across the board SQL Intellisense enhancements for SELECT statements enabling more efficient coding.
- Intellisense enhancements for DB2 for iSeries, indexed columns and constraints are now shown in Intellisense prompts.
- Code formatting enfacements for DECLARE and ALTER statements, for LIMIT and OFFSET clauses.
- Support for enumeration data type in PostgresSQL.
- Better handling of overloaded functions in DB2 and PostgreSQL databases.
- SQL Assistant queries for Oracle databases tuned for better performance.
- Database schema modeling - better handling of newly added referential integrity constraints.
- Schema Comparison enhancements for PosgreSQL databases.
- Automatic detection and re-connect for dropped connection in MySQL and PostgreSQL databases.
- The data-transfer utility now recognizes computed and other types of auto-generated columns.
- The data-grid in edit more now supports inserting rows pasted from the Clipboard (that's right, you can now insert data into tables by copying data from Excel and other applications).
- The data-grids now support multiple column sorting using Ctrl+Click method.
- Optimized data retrieval operation for more efficient memory usage. On 64-bit systems your computer memory is the only limit now for how much data can be retrieved from the database. 2GB is a limit for 32-bit systems.
- New SQL References for SQL Server 2017 and for SQL Server 2016 R2.
- New SQL Reference for SAP ASE 16.0.
- New SQL Reference for MySQL 5.7.
- New SQL References for DB2 UDB 10.5 and for 11.1.
- Many other minor enhancements and bug fixes.
SoftTree SQL Assistant v9.0 (major release) - What's New
New Features and Major Changes
- Support for 32-bit and 64-bit development environments, 64-bit targets, 32-bit and 64-bit database drivers and clients.
- Full Unicode support in code, data, and files.
- Support for 3 new data warehouse database systems: Teradata, IBM Netezza, and Pivotal Greenplum.
- Database Modeling, Graphical Data Access Dependencies, and Data Flows.
- New interactive SQL Reference systems for SQL Server 2014 and 2016, SQL Azure database, Teradata 14 and 15, Oracle 12c, Netezza 7, Access 2007 and 2010, PostgreSQL 9.5, and Redshift.
- SQL Intellisense improvements including enhanced support for analytical and window functions.
- Graphical data editing, plus Excel style auto-stats on multiple cell selection in result sets.
- Native PostgreSQL connectivity (libPQ).
- Enhanced SQL code execution mode using ADO.NET, native connections, and ODBC drivers supporting asynchronous printing of messages sent from stored procedures and internal database commands while they run.
- Many database type specific enhancements, including but not limited to support of PostgreSQL materialized views, DB2 procedures with overloaded parameters, support for new data types, including intervals, execution of anonymous pgPlSQL blocks in PostgreSQL, and so on...
- Virtual filters in Code Structure View (filter code by schema object references).
- 32-bit and 64-bit versions of SQL Assistant Professional SQL Editor.
- Compatibility changes for supporting latest releases of SQL Server Management Studio 2016, pgAdmin, and Toad.
- Compatibility changes for supporting targets running in Windows 10.
- Enhancements in Task and Reminders, Code Snippets, Options Management, and many other areas.
- Lots of other minor changes and enhancements.
Changes in Other Versions
See What's New 7.x page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant version 7.x releases.
See What's New 6.x page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant version 6.x releases.
See What's New 5.x page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant version 5.x releases.
See What's New page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant versions 2.x - 4.x.