24x7 Event Server Example Usage
||24x7 Event Server Examples
|24x7 Event Server can be used to monitor and respond to all kinds of
system-level and application-level events.
24x7 Event Server is an ideal tool for automating the
following processing types:
- Automated system monitoring and troubleshooting, for example,
emails to system administrators when free disk space falls below certain threshold;
when the server runs at over 80% CPU usage for a long period of time; and so on.
- System security monitoring, for example, calling system administrators
attempt to break into your computer system and system registers lots of failed
logins; when database audit trail logs indicate unauthorized access to certain
database areas; and so on.
- Database monitoring, for example, automatically dumping MS SQL Server
logs when detecting LOG FULL conditions; automatically extending Oracle and DB2
tablespaces before they reach their capacity; automatically running a batch job
when a new record is added to a database table, and so on.
- File monitoring, for example, automatically starting file processing
when files are added, deleted, or modified in certain directories; automatically
deleting old logs or work files when the number of files reaches certain
threshold or free disk space falls below certain threshold, and so on.
- Application monitoring and troubleshooting, for example, automatically
stopped services, hung applications or applications crashing with Dr.Watson
error, and so on.
- Application and system automation, for example, automatically closing
and entering data into interactive application forms thus eliminating a need for
human processing; linking different applications into complex batch processing
with the dynamic processing flow based on various conditions; and so on.
Some businesses are better automated than others...