SoftTree SQL Assistant v12.0 (major release) - What's New
November 2, 2021
- Now supporting MongoDB with MongoDB Connector for BI.
- Full featured reporting with integrated report designer, templates and wizards, and numerous predefined administrative reports.
- New ETL Orchestrator for automating ETL and ELT tasks, and other repetitive database processes.
- Completely reworked Load Generator, upgraded to Database Benchmarking with ready-to-run templates for simulating real life applications and for application and database performance benchmarking.
- New multifunctional task-oriented SQL Profiler for PostgreSQL.
- New multifunctional task-oriented SQL Profiler for Oracle.
- Data import and export from/to Parquet files.
- New Oracle Table and Index Defragger.
- New plugins for Eclipse 4.x platform, and for DBeaver 20.x.
- New Oracle Tablespace Manager with graphical space allocation maps.
- New universal Go To menu for quickly jumping to specific lines, bookmarks, regions, etc...
- Greatly improved intellisense for DDL commands including in place suggestions for specific objects and options, graphically selected changes, and more.
- Support for high resolution monitors with high DPI.
- Bootstrap queries for new database connections.
- Many enhancements in the source code control interfaces, supporting now all recognized object types, code branching, ignore lists and filtering for insignificant and unwanted objects, new and improved advanced wizard for source control project and repository setup, and so on...
- Source code control for TFS now supports non-English based environments. Source code control for Perforce now supports different file encodings.
- Code Structure View is enhanced with code regions.
- New SQLite databases can be now created directly from the Connection dialog.
- Unit testing framework now supports all SQL Assistant recognizable object types.
- Unit testing framework can now save unit test execution results in an unified XML format supporting multiple result sets and types of unit test outputs; enabling reading results from upstream test cases and feeding them to downstream test cases.
- Unit testing framework now supports advanced validation of test case results using multiple new methods including custom SQL queries, Visual Basic scripting, Pascal scripting, etc...
- Schema Compare and visual schema management tools for SQL Server and Azure now support XML indexes and Spatial indexes.
- Asynchronous execution of Data Transfer and XML Import/Export tasks.
- Enhanced data scripting functions with support for multi-row inserts and several other new options.
- Enhancements for interactive code snippets, the $OBJECT$ code automation macro now supports many new types of schema objects.
- Improved integration with MS Access, not supporting full featured popup SQL editor with code highlighting, SQL Intellisense, DB Explorer, Code Structure, and all other functions supported by SQL Assistant.
- Improved integration with Visual Studio 2017 and 2019, now supporting scripts opened from the Server Explorer.
- Compatibility changes with latest database versions.
- Tons of other minor and not so minor improvements, too many to fit here.
New database systems
New major features
Changes in Other Versions
See What's New 11.x page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant version 11.x releases.
See What's New 10.x page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant version 10.x releases.
See What's New 9.x page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant version 9.x releases.
See What's New 7.x page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant version 7.x releases.
See What's New 6.x page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant version 6.x releases.
See What's New 5.x page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant version 5.x releases.
See What's New page for details on new features added in SQL Assistant versions 2.x - 4.x.