24x7 Scheduler v6.1 (maintenance release) - What's New
March 20, 2022
NOTE: Version 6.1 includes couple of new major features and multiple enhancements. An upgrade is provided from previous versions. See upgrade instructions for more details.
New Features and Changes
- Jobs now support user-defined variables that can be changed programmatically in job run-time. The variables are passed between dependent jobs facilitating dynamic flow of data without a need for temporary files and global environment variables. This feature in turn enables spawning multiple sequential or parallel instances of the same job with different parameters.
- New macro-variable @V"var:var_name" can be used for injecting values of dynamic variables into job properties and command lines.
- the scheduler now supports user-defined scripted job notification actions that can be used in advanced job dependencies and control.
- Multiple enhancements in the 24x7 Web-based management console.
- Multiple enhancements in the 24x7 Scheduler graphical user interface.
- Transition to Apache Tomcat 9.0 web server engine used by the web console.
- Sanitized version of Apache log4j protected from all known vulnerabilities. ,
- a number of minor enhancements.
24x7 Scheduler v6.0 (major release) - What's New
June 3, 2021
NOTE: Version 6.0 includes multiple new major features and enhancements. An upgrade is provided from previous versions. See upgrade instructions for more details.
New Features and Major Changes
- The job database engine upgraded from XML database to relational database with many new capabilities.
- New job semaphoring mechanism using message queue and job multicasting.
- Auto-scaling groups for dynamic workload scaling, and for massive parallel job execution.
- Advanced custom reporting functions for running analytical and self-monitoring reports supporting new report formats, report scheduling, and more.
- Two dozens new prebuilt reports for system and job performance analysis, error reporting.
- Web services automation.
- Scripting engines now support XML and JSON data.
- Greatly enhanced command console covers many new management functions.
- Updated web console directly supporting new version 6.0 features, including designing and running reports directly from a web browser.
- Full transition to Java 1.8 and higher versions.
- Many minor enhancements.