SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
No right click context in Notepad++ or Access 2003
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
No right click context in Notepad++ or Access 2003
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
There are some differences (I'm using Notepad++ with MySQL, hence I've Default Connection Type set to MySQL Native). Though I doubt they're significant.

Last edited by gemisigo on Wed May 29, 2013 11:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Wed May 29, 2013 11:25 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
See I also don't get the history bar on the right side of NP++'s editor window either.

If I set the integration to "Full" and I restart NP++ I get the "SQL Assistant" button in the menu bar.

If I click that, I FINALLY get the history bar on the right, but still no right click context menu. But trying to select items from the SQL Assistant button bar shows it's own set of oddities.
Wed May 29, 2013 11:30 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
http://screencast.com/t/v1QDPH9c5f
Wed May 29, 2013 11:34 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Now that you mentioned I noticed the SA button on the menu bar :) Never ever used SA from there. Actually, while having it set to Full both in SSMS and Notepad++, I use it exclusively through snippets, popups, hotkeys, and the context menu. The SA button in Notepad++ doesn't work properly, when I click it, it flickers the menu very rapidly as if it's constantly redrawing the items in it and only stops when I click somewhere else (EDIT: it's the same as in your screencast).

By the way, when you say history bar, you're referring to Syntax Indicator Bar, right?
Wed May 29, 2013 11:44 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
Now that you mentioned I noticed the SA button on the menu bar :) Never ever used SA from there. Actually, while having it set to Full both in SSMS and Notepad++, I use it exclusively through snippets, popups, hotkeys, and the context menu. The SA button in Notepad++ doesn't work properly, when I click it, it flickers the menu very rapidly as if it's constantly redrawing the items in it and only stops when I click somewhere else (EDIT: it's the same as in your screencast).

By the way, when you say history bar, you're referring to Syntax Indicator Bar, right?

Yes. I wasn't sure on the official name.

I don't get that in NP++ until I press the "SQL Assistant" menu bar button (which wasn't there until I turned integration to "full" like you have it set)... but yes I get that flicker (seen in the screencast above).

Still no right click context.

Normal ole 32-bit notepad works like a charm though.....
Wed May 29, 2013 11:47 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Well, I'm out of ideas, except for restarting/reinstalling either SA or Notepad++ (or both) and (if all else fails) rebooting the machine. Or you could drop and recreate the target for Notepad++.

But I guess you've already tried these. It seems that we have to wait until the developers figure out the culprit here. I'm sorry...
Wed May 29, 2013 11:56 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
Well, I'm out of ideas, except for restarting/reinstalling either SA or Notepad++ (or both) and (if all else fails) rebooting the machine. Or you could drop and recreate the target for Notepad++.

But I guess you've already tried these. It seems that we have to wait until the developers figure out the culprit here. I'm sorry...

I've pretty much tried all of that aside from reinstalling S.A.

And you're on NP++ 6.3.3? On What platform? I'm on Win7 Pro 64-bit.
Wed May 29, 2013 12:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I have asked our development team to check latest versions of NP++ to see what can be done to support them if they appear incompatible.
Wed May 29, 2013 12:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:

Yes, the same here. And meanwhile I managed to screw my settings to the extent where it totally stopped working. If I recalled SA from the tray icon it stuck at ~50% CPU usage, or when I started Notepad++ (or any target editor), it stuck at ~50%. Invoking SA from the tray icon at the same time made it worse whenr both chewing on the CPU, which in turn brought the machine on its knees. I had to delete SqlAssist.sas and import settings from a saved version. First I tried to relocate the file and import settings from it but when I selected the file from the Open dialog SA got stuck at ~50% CPU again. Lost a couple of changes in my snippets in the process :( I'll have to reinvent some wheels tomorrow...

Also, I couldn't get 6.3.3 to work anymore, no context menu showing (though popups and snippets are still functioning). I uninstalled it and reinstalled 6.3.2. This version seems to comply.

SysOp wrote:
I have asked our development team to check latest versions of NP++ to see what can be done to support them if they appear incompatible.

Thank you very much.

Last edited by gemisigo on Wed May 29, 2013 1:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed May 29, 2013 1:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:

Thank you. Really loving this tool and the support given here. Once the trial is up as long as there are no glaring issues I'm sure I'll convince the boss to purchase a couple licenses.
Wed May 29, 2013 1:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
Mindflux wrote:

Yes, the same here. And meanwhile I managed to screw my settings to the extent where it totally stopped working. If I recalled SA from the tray icon it stuck at ~50% CPU usage, or when I started Notepad++ (or any target editor), it stuck at ~50%. Invoking SA from the tray icon at the same time made it worse whenr both chewing on the CPU, which in turn brought the machine on its knees. I had to delete SqlAssist.sas and import settings from a saved version. First I tried to relocate the file and import settings from it but when I selected the file from the Open dialog SA got stuck at ~50% CPU again. Lost a couple of changes in my snippets in the process :( I'll have to reinvent some wheels tomorrow...

Also, I couldn't get 6.3.3 to work anymore, no context menu showing (though popups and snippets are still functioning). I uninstalled it and reinstalled 6.3.2. This version seem to comply.

Sorry I drug you into this mess too. It's a good feeling to have confirmation it's not just "me" though. :)

I downgraded to 6.3.2, but am experiencing the same issues.. The only time I get a workable context menu is from the systray icon.

Also with 6.3.2 the "SQL Assistant" menubar pulldown still exhibits the flashing issue.
Wed May 29, 2013 1:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Mindflux wrote:
Once the trial is up as long as there are no glaring issues I'm sure I'll convince the boss to purchase a couple licenses.

You better succeed at that because I failed, bought a license on my own and now most of the crap to be solved lands on my desk because I usually do things in less than half the time the other developers need :) Sometimes they don't even try :(

Mindflux wrote:

Sorry I drug you into this mess too. It's a good feeling to have confirmation it's not just "me" though. :)

It doesn't matter :)

Mindflux wrote:

I downgraded to 6.3.2, but am experiencing the same issues.. The only time I get a workable context menu is from the systray icon.

Also with 6.3.2 the "SQL Assistant" menubar pulldown still exhibits the flashing issue.

Yes, the main menu button is still flickering but that's not an issue here, I wasn't using it anyway and what's more important to me, I got the context menu back on track.
Wed May 29, 2013 1:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Ok.

Uninstalled NP++

Restarted for the sake of restarting

Reinstalled 6.3.2. Still no context menu, but hotkeys work and the target menu from the systray icon work. SQL Assistant menu still flickering as well...
Wed May 29, 2013 1:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I got a word from our developers that the next build for 6.4 release will support latest versions of Notepad++ and Toad targets.
Wed May 29, 2013 9:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
I got a word from our developers that the next build for 6.4 release will support latest versions of Notepad++ and Toad targets.

Very well. Is there any way I can move up to the 6.4 beta releases? I know I'm in a trial, but I have every intention of buying S.A (with maintenance!) as long as no show stoppers pop up.

In fact, I just emailed your sales@ address to inquire about prepaying for 2/3 years maint up front.
Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: