SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Suggestions and bugs for SQL Assistant

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Suggestions and bugs for SQL Assistant
Vaccano

Post Suggestions and bugs for SQL Assistant Reply with quote
1 bug (kinda) and 2 suggestions.

Bug:
The DB Connections properties has a misnamed parameter the entry 'DB name' should be 'Server Name'. (An really DB type should be 'Server Type') This messed me up at first.

Suggestion 1:
Allow pressing up to move to the bottom entry in the drop down list. This would really speed up finding the correct item.

Suggestion 2:
Allow pressing control space to work after FROM

ie
Select *
from (Ctrl + Space)

This would then bring up a list of items that are listed for the default schema (dbo). This would save me a lot of time because all my tables are dbo.tables.

Vaccano
Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your input.

Quote:
Bug:
The DB Connections properties has a misnamed parameter the entry 'DB name' should be 'Server Name'. (An really DB type should be 'Server Type') This messed me up at first.

I agree "server name" label would be more appropriate for SQL Server connections. "Server name" "db name" means virtually the same for Oracle connections, but it sounds confusing for SQL Server connections. In fact for Oracle connections it should say something like "TNS name" or similar.

Quote:
Suggestion 1:
Allow pressing up to move to the bottom entry in the drop down list. This would really speed up finding the correct item.

Do you mean auto-rotating the list selection?

Quote:
Suggestion 2:
Allow pressing control space to work after FROM

ie
Select *
from (Ctrl + Space)

It already works this way. The assistant popup doesn't appear only if cannot parse the sequel or something wrong with the connection.
Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Vaccano

Post Reply with quote
I will need to see what I am doing wrong so that Ctrl+Space is not working for me.

As for the first suggestion. If I type dbo.MyTable and I have the following list:
MyTableOne
MyTableTwo
MyTableThree
MyTableFour
MyTableFive

To Get to MyTableFive it would nice to press up the up arrow and have the selection move to the last item in the list. (Rather than pressing the down arrow five times.)

Vaccano
Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: