SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[12.2.387 Pro] - Docking to Main Window

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[12.2.387 Pro] - Docking to Main Window
gemisigo

Post [12.2.387 Pro] - Docking to Main Window Reply with quote
I wanted to dock the Message and Result tab panes to the bottom of the Main Window in SQL Editor instead of the Editor Tab but the option is grayed out.

Then it occurred to me that I might misunderstand the terms. When I execute a query and get a result set, that result set is currently docked at the bottom of the editor tab. That's great and I think it would not even be possible to dock it to Main Window as the result sets are inherently connected to their connection, that is, their Editor tab.

I'll try to explain what I want to achieve, and I'd like you to tell me if it is even possible.

My current configuration has the Database Explorer constantly open on the left side of each Editor tab and while the Result tabs do open at the bottom of the Editor tab, they do not open below the Database Explorer, but next to it. Now, when analyzing the contents of the result set, having as much of the data visible as possible is desirable, and the Database Explorer is not much of a help there, it only steals valuable screen space. However, repeatedly closing and reopening the Database Explore when switching between writing the queries and checking their result is quite cumbersome. Is it possible to open the Result tabs at the bottom an below the Database Explorer?
Tue Apr 18, 2023 5:14 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately that's not possible, the Explorer pane always takes full height when it's docked to the left or right. But if this is of any help, you can make it Floating and manually move or resize it. How practical it is in your case, I can't tell.
Tue Apr 18, 2023 4:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I've tried that but it didn't really work out well. I usually resize the Results pane frequently to find the proper balance between the amount of code vs data visible. Having the Database Explorer floating would require resizing two panes instead of one, so it would only move the issue somewhere else instead of making it go away.

But maybe another feature I delayed ages asking for could solve this. There are a couple of useful views/tabs that I frequently turn to just to forget for another year or two. Code Structure, Bird's Eye View, Code Visualizer, Execution History, these all have their respective hotkeys that make their view displayed. But the hotkeys only show them. Perhaps if the hotkeys were a toggle instead of show, it could make the experience of using these features a bit smoother and quicker.
Wed Apr 19, 2023 3:33 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: