SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQLA 12.2.387 /SSMS 19.1

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQLA 12.2.387 /SSMS 19.1
Ciro Ferrara

Post SQLA 12.2.387 /SSMS 19.1 Reply with quote
When I start SSMS 19.1, I get an error.

Context: Loading of Object Explorer add-in SqlAssist.Ssms2022 failed.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'SqlPackageBase, Version=16.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=89845dcd8080cc91' or one of its dependencies. Impossibile trovare il file specificato.
at SqlAssist.SsmsOE..ctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at SqlAssist.SSMS_IDE.Init(DTE application)

I suggest to try disabling and reenabling the SQL Assistant add-on for SSMS. If something has changed in the system, it should refresh the registry entries and the integration files too

In the Target settings in the Options dialog find MS Management Studio, expand the Advanced section on the right, and change the value of "Register SQL Assistant Add-on" to No.
Click Apply and then change it back to Yes, and apply again. After that restart the SSMS.

If that doesn't help, you may want to try installing a SQL Assistant upgrade.
Version 10.0 is about 2 years old. Your Windows system surely had some patches installed, perhaps SSMS got updated too along with other dependencies and some files changed.
The latest SQL Assistant version is 11.3. There've been lots of updates in versions 10.1, 10.2, 11.0, 11.1, 11.2, 11.3, you are currently behind by 6 releases.
More details can be found here http://www.softtreetech.com/sqlassist/whatsnew11.htm.
I don't know if upgrading is an option for you, but I kind of expect it to resolve the issue you are having. Along new features added, the maintenance releases provide software compatibility fixes,
things change with time and require updates.
Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:14 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
SSMS 19 requires the latest SQL Assistant version 12.2.387. There is a different binary add-on for every SSMS major version because of backward incompatible internal changes in SSMS.

Also, if you install SSMS upgrade *after* you installed SQL Assistant, it won't work immediately too. You need to repeat SSMS add-on registration in SQL Assistant's settings, which works correctly only when the target SSMS version is already installed (not before that) as it requires presence of certain SSMS 19 files and system registry entries.
Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Ciro Ferrara

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
SSMS 19 requires the latest SQL Assistant version 12.2.387. There is a different binary add-on for every SSMS major version because of backward incompatible internal changes in SSMS.

Also, if you install SSMS upgrade *after* you installed SQL Assistant, it won't work immediately too. You need to repeat SSMS add-on registration in SQL Assistant's settings, which works correctly only when the target SSMS version is already installed (not before that) as it requires presence of certain SSMS 19 files and system registry entries.

Good evening,
I first installed SSMS 19.1 and then SQLA version 12.2.387 but it doesn't work for me.
Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:03 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This is related to https://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=36878#36878

The issue is going to be fixed in upcoming 12.3. For now please follow the steps described in the referenced topic.
Fri Apr 28, 2023 11:40 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: