SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Error when running job n when certain files found scheduling

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Error when running job n when certain files found scheduling
SchedulerDude

Post Error when running job n when certain files found scheduling Reply with quote
Hi team -
I am creating a job that uses When Certain Files found scheduling.

The job simply copies the file using JAL from one server to another. The file is dynamically named as: USR02.yyyymmddhhmmss The JAL script runs fine. I can run it in debug mode and can see the file is copied to new server.

When I run the entire job, I receive the following error: Job completed with exit code -1,073,741,502. This exit code does not satisfy job exit code condition. Job Failed. The email received from the automation suite indicates the following: Job #61 - "XXX Data Downloads - XXX02" execution error occurred at 7/19/2023/12:18:37 PM. 7/19/2023/12:18:37 PM

My semaphore files to be checked before starting the job is: \\XXXXXXX01.XXXX.XXX\XXXXXXXXXX\XXXXXXXXX\XXX_XXXX_XXXXXXXX\USR02.*

The file is not renamed or moved to the the new folder

The file is to be renamed and moved as follows: \\XXXXX01.XXXX.XXX\XXXXXXXXXX\XXXXXXXXX\XXX_XXXX_XXXXXXXX\Processed_Files\
Specify text (name suffix) that 24x7 scheduler will add to the file names when renaming semaphore files.: 24x7

I have created other jobs doing same thing with different files and they seem to work without issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Wed Jul 19, 2023 2:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thinking aloud, in debug mode you run it as an interactive user from a desktop application, and Windows supports that. In the other mode the scheduler runs it a separate spawned process, perhaps with different credentials or a some script that Windows decides is not secure because or it trying to read/write something to a network drive and it gets blocked.

Here are a couple of things you can try to test for different issues.

Convert the file copy part to a command line job "cmd /C copy ...USR02.@T"yyyymmddhhmmss" ... " . Within the command line you can you can use the same macro-parameter @T, if that's what you use in JAL to get current date time formatted as yyyymmddhhmmss. Would be interesting to see if you get the same kind of error or not.

Make a copy of the job. Using Tools/Convert JAL Jobs to JavaScript jobs... menu convert that copy to a JavaScript job. In the job settings uncheck the Detached property. Try to run the job. This won't create a separate subprocess, it should run as an internal thread. Let's see if that works.
Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: