SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Messages Pane - copy full message

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Messages Pane - copy full message
gtfcMariner86

Post Messages Pane - copy full message Reply with quote
[12.1.277 Pro]

In the messages pane when Postgres returns a multi-line error message hovering the mouse over the message displays the full message in a pop-up for a few seconds, but when I copy the line or save the contents of the message pane I only get the first line of the message.
Is there any way to copy the full message?
Alternatively - is the amount of time the pop-up is displayed configurable?
Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:53 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Are you referring to the Hint part which is only visible on hovering the mouse over the error?
The rest of the popup message is the same error code/state that is already shown in the message line plus client and server versions. Neither are part of the original message.

If you are referring to the actual multi-line message text, does selecting Multiline Text option in the right-click menu make the full text show up as multiple lines?
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:43 am View user's profile Send private message
gtfcMariner86

Post Reply with quote
I'm referring to the actual actual multi-line message text. I can see the whole message in the hint pop-up for a couple of seconds so I know it has reached SQL Assistant, but I cannot figure out how to copy it so I can read it fully or extract parts of it for debugging.
When I click on multi-line text it seems to make no difference.
To be clear - I would like to be able to select and copy everything that is displayed in the hint.
Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:54 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Could you please share screenshot of the message with the pop-up balloon visible, or tell me how to reproduce it? A few things I've tried so far return single line messages. I need to see if there are line breaks or text just wrapping. If i can reproduce it, i can try different options and see if they make a difference before i refer this issue to the developmen tteam.
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:27 am View user's profile Send private message
gtfcMariner86

Post Reply with quote

So the most important bit I would like to select here is the "Details" section where it shows the data that caused the problem.

To reproduce simply create a table with a primary key, insert a row into it, then attempt to insert the same row again.
Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:42 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Oh... I see. It's Hint and Details elements not showing in the main part and visible on hover only. I suspect it's a deficiency by design that needs to be improved. Postgres doesn'treport them within the messagetext, they are kind of separate data elements returned by pqlib.

A so so workaround might be switching to ODBC connection using ODBC driver that concatenates message, hint, and details elements
Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:50 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: