SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Migrating jobs from one job DB to another

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Migrating jobs from one job DB to another
Eric.Charbonneau

Post Migrating jobs from one job DB to another Reply with quote
Hello,

Can jobs in 24x7 be migrated to another server?

We have a scheduler setup in our test environment in which i would like to migrate about 20 jobs up to production. Can this be done or do i have to re-create every job in Production?
Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:47 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In the web console there is a deployment tool for that purpose in the Tools menu. You can use it to selectively copy jobs from your test environment to production. Hope this helps.
Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Eric.Charbonneau

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
In the web console there is a deployment tool for that purpose in the Tools menu. You can use it to selectively copy jobs from your test environment to production. Hope this helps.

When i use the deploy feature, I click 'connect' to connect to our other environment, when i enter server name, port and my credentials and click connect, nothing happens.
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Is there a firewall that might be blocking connections between test and production? If yes, you may need to open port 1097 to the production machine.

If that can't be done for security reasons, your other option is using two 24x7 command line consoles connected to different environments and using Describe and Create commands to manually copy and paste job definitions one by one. That's trickier than the web console based click based copying.
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:54 pm View user's profile Send private message
Eric.Charbonneau

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Is there a firewall that might be blocking connections between test and production? If yes, you may need to open port 1097 to the production machine.

If that can't be done for security reasons, your other option is using two 24x7 command line consoles connected to different environments and using Describe and Create commands to manually copy and paste job definitions one by one. That's trickier than the web console based click based copying.

I'll try the firewall thing first and get back to you.

Its either the windows firewall or something that our security team has setup. I'll post back when i have more info.
Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Eric.Charbonneau

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:

I got it working. Thanks!
Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: