SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[12.0.167 BETA] - Custom settings in Connections

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[12.0.167 BETA] - Custom settings in Connections
gemisigo

Post [12.0.167 BETA] - Custom settings in Connections Reply with quote
In previous versions, it was possible to check and modify the raw connection strings and I used that to add custom settings for "Application Name" to some of my connections. It is still possible to do that but after upgrading to beta, resetting the settings factory defaults, and re-importing some of the settings I made a backup from 11.x (snippets, formatting, connections, etc.) I noticed that many of my connections now have two lines for Application Name. One of them has the value I've entered in the past. This also has a faint yellow background (this is what I can see in custom settings for the connection in Options). And there's another one with the value "SQLEditor". I can remove this non-yellow-background when editing the raw connection string but it will be restored on a new connection. Luckily, it does not override the value set in custom settings, yet it is a bit disturbing.

Also, these lines of the raw connection string are no longer accessible in the Options / DB Options / DB Connections, I can only change them in the Connect dialog. Was this purposefully removed in v12?
Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The light yellow background is used for custom settings to differentiate them from the values that are used to fill fields in the Connect dialog.

I'm not sure about Options / DB Options / DB Connections I will have to inquiry and get back to you. What I do know there were some changes to support connection bootstrap queries which are somewhat related.
Please give me some time to clarify what works as designed here and what's not.
Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: