SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Result Grid Data Alignment: All left or right or Default

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Result Grid Data Alignment: All left or right or Default
hitesh

Post Result Grid Data Alignment: All left or right or Default Reply with quote
Recently, I tried to align all query result data output to LEFT like SSMS result pane but I could not manage; then I happen to see the option to align data based on its datatype so decided to set all datatype alignment to left one by one and to my surprise, it did not work. This may be a bug (ver 11.2.x). You may need to check this.

At the same feature, I would like to suggest a simple option on the same screen Align All results to LEFT or RIGHT or DEFAULT" irrespective of datatypes.
If I choose LEFT then overwrite all the datatype level alignment to left likewise do the same for RIGHT else use DEFAULT datatype level alignment.
Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Could you please add a small screenshot demonstrating what you refer to by align all left or right? What's that?
Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
hitesh

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Could you please add a small screenshot demonstrating what you refer to by align all left or right? What's that?

I mean I set the display format of each datatype as LEFT ALIGN under SA Options > Target > Common > Data Grid > Display Format > Category > Each type under category alignment was set to LEFT but it is not affecting the result grid.
Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:01 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Indeed, that might be an issue in 11.2, which I suppose has been fixed in 11.5.

Just in case there are two layers of settings - global formats by data types, and column formats by column names. The later has higher precedence.
Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: