SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 11.5.362 Pro]: Code fmt options don't 'save' in UI

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 11.5.362 Pro]: Code fmt options don't 'save' in UI
Mindflux

Post [SA 11.5.362 Pro]: Code fmt options don't 'save' in UI Reply with quote
So I discovered this when trying to connect to a mysql DB which I have never done before:

When Settings the commas from stacked (trailing) to stacked (leading)... press ctrl+f11 to format the code and get the desired formatting, go back into options->code formatting->mysql default style->commas and the option still shows stacked (trailing) even though it formats right. (as confirmed by looking at the select rule, the commas moved to the proper place.

It seems do do this no matter if I bring up options from the systray or the SQL Editor pulldown menu.

It now seems this bug has leaked into my SSMS rules as well (which is all I'd used prior to today). If I set my custome style commas to stacked leading, it formats OK but the setting does NOT reflect the proper option.

*YES* I've even reset all the settings back to factory default and still see this occur.

Here's a short video illustrating:

https://www.screencast.com/t/2soo4u11Yk95
Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This might be due to Windows UAC interference. If your config files are virtualized, and you don't do Run as Administrator, it may silently revert all changes.

Please try with some other options not necessarily MySQL. Do they appear sticky?
Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
This might be due to Windows UAC interference. If your config files are virtualized, and you don't do Run as Administrator, it may silently revert all changes.

Please try with some other options not necessarily MySQL. Do they appear sticky?

Same thing with the MSSQL settings

What’s weird is the formatting rules change according to the radio button selected, but the radio button reverts after closing and re opening the dialog but the rules STAY correct.
Wed Aug 11, 2021 9:39 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Ok so I closed out the SQL Assistant systray, ran SQL Editor 64 bit as administrator and got the UAC prompt. I then went in and changed commas from stacked trailing to stacked leading, confirmed the rules changed, hit ok to exit the dialog, formatted my SQL file (which was correct).. went back in to confirm the setting had 'stuck' and just like before the radio button was on stacked trailing but the rules were still proper.

So it does not appear to be a UAC thing?
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
So:

I took the "Netezza Custom Style 1" style, which defaults to stacked (leading) commas and showed the proper option via the radio button.

I changed it from stacked (leading) to stacked (trailing) and hit apply (I was in the SQL Assistant systray app this time) and then hit OK for the dialog to go away, I went back in and saw the radio button was where expected stacked (trailing), I then changed it back to stacked (leading) and hit apply/ok, went back in and just like everything else.. the radio button does not reflect the setting, but the "select" rule below does show the commas where I wanted them. I tried in both normal user mode and UAC/Administrator.

So it appears once you change it off the default the radio button portion breaks in some manner.
Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:56 am View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
OKAY:

Brand new fresh install of the latest SQL Assistant 11.5.362 on a machine that has never had it installed before

Go check "T-SQL Custom style 1", commas radio button shows "Stacked (leading)", select rule shows Stacked (trailing).

"PL/SQL Custom style 1" shows "stacked (leading)" but the rule shows stacked (trailing) style commas.

Same for any of the "Style 1" rulesets, which from what I gather had the stacked leading comma config default, but the rules themselves show otherwise.

Changing the radio button on T-SQL Custom style 1" to "Stacked (leading)" and confirmed in the rules below, hitting ok and testing formatting shows it's set right, going back into the rule set and checking the radio button yields the same Commas (trailing) as selected.

Also the "logical operators" exhibits the same issues! T-SQL Custom Style 1 shows "stacked (Operators left)", but the rules reflect "Stacked (operators left with indent"). Changing the radio button to the preferred setting changes the rules how you want, but the radio button does NOT show the proper rule next time you're in the options dialog.
Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:18 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I've retraced your steps and reproduced the issue. Indeed some internal reference is miscalculated, the Options dialog after reopening confuses settings for different styles as if it reads them in one order but displays ian different order. I will need to create a ticket for this defect, I'm sorry for the inconvenience
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
I've retraced your steps and reproduced the issue. Indeed some internal reference is miscalculated, the Options dialog after reopening confuses settings for different styles as if it reads them in one order but displays ian different order. I will need to create a ticket for this defect, I'm sorry for the inconvenience

Thanks for confirming I wasn’t going bonkers! Hahaha

No big deal for now. I thought I’d broken something. 😂
Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
This reminds when I had a running Spotify preventing SA from writing its own config file. Good old times. So glad they had passed :)
Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Sheesh! I forgot ALL about that.
Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: