SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA Pro 11.5.365] Spell Checker ignoring options?

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA Pro 11.5.365] Spell Checker ignoring options?
Mindflux

Post [SA Pro 11.5.365] Spell Checker ignoring options? Reply with quote
I am trying to write a query to update a field called Notes

my note is "updating front end to fix form"... it keeps changing form to FROM.

In my DB Options for SQL Server:

Realtime spell-checker OFF
Auto-correct misspelled names: PROMPT
Auto-correct qualified names: auto
Auto-correct misspelled keywords auto

now changing "Auto-Correct misspelled keywords" to prompt, at least prompts instead of just auto bamboozling what I typed.. but shouldn't "Real-time spell-checker" being set to NO stop this entirely?
Wed May 12, 2021 2:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The option that is bothering you in this case is "Auto-correct misspelled keywords" which attempts to fix typos in keywords, like SELECT * FORM instead of FROM.
The "Realtime spell-checker" is for spell checking text in constants and in comments, it highlights spelling errors but doesn't fix them
"Auto-correct misspelled names" is for fixing typos in column names
"Auto-correct qualified names" is similar but allows it to fix quoted names too.
If you don't like them, you can set the above options to None. None is the same as OFF.

If you have the SQL Assistant app running in the system tray, and you don't let Windows hide all application messages, then every time a automatic text correction is made, you should see a message appearing for a few seconds above the system tray icon. If you don't see them, please update Windows taskbar settings and allow SQL Assistant icon to be always visible. Additionally, go to Windows Notifications and actions settings, Focus assist, and then Priority list, and add SQL Assistant to application that can show notification settings.
Wed May 12, 2021 3:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: