SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.5.355 Pro] - SE Tab losing (some of the) syntax highlite

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.5.355 Pro] - SE Tab losing (some of the) syntax highlite
gemisigo

Post [11.5.355 Pro] - SE Tab losing (some of the) syntax highlite Reply with quote
Were there any changes affecting syntax highlighting data types and keywords in SQL Server? The type nvarchar no longer appears as blue but as black. The same happens to EXEC and RAISERROR.

Hmm, restarting SE made the issue vanish. But it happened the second time, so I guess it won't permanently go away.

EDIT: Okay, I've figured out what might have happened. The Tab in SE was connected to a MariaDB database (courtesy of SELECT @@version), even though everything (Tab text, Database Explorer, the status bar on the bottom of SE) suggested it was still connected to an SQL Server.
It raises two questions:
#1 Why did the expected indicators not show that the connection has been changed?
#2 Why did the connection change at all?

My guess is that it happened after applying changes in the SQL Assistant - Options dialog, which triggers reconnections for the existing Tabs, but still, this means the active connections can get mixed somehow without any warning or notice. The only hint I got was the change in the syntax highlight. That might have had some catastrophic consequences (dropping a table on a production server instead of the dev one). Would you investigate this, please?

I cannot intentionally reproduce it (yet).

Last edited by gemisigo on Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:03 am; edited 2 times in total
Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:46 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. We will look into that.
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I've renamed the topic as I cannot reproduce the connection switch thing, no matter how hard I try. It might not even be related to the syntax highlight issue.

On the other hand, the loss of (some of) the syntax highlight I can reproduce at will. All I have to do is save the file, and a few keywords go black. Not all of them, but a few. Restoring their color is also quite easy. I have to reopen the connection dialog and then close it. I don't even have to re-connect. Simply open and close.

Check this short video here.
Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:03 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Awesome. Thank you so much for pinpointing the issue. I'm sure the development team should be able to reproduce it too and fix ASAP.
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: