SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.3.279 Pro] - BUG: Formatting operators (PostgreSQL)

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.3.279 Pro] - BUG: Formatting operators (PostgreSQL)
gemisigo

Post [11.3.279 Pro] - BUG: Formatting operators (PostgreSQL) Reply with quote
Similarly to the assignment operator ( := ) in MariaDB (see here), the two parts of the "->" operator in PostgreSQL get "divorced" after formatting.
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'm quoting this here, for my intention was only to refer to that topic, not to continue it as that issue with the := operator no longer manifests on MariaDB, and for that matter, it isn't present on PostgreSQL either, which has the same assignment operator.

SysOp wrote:
We have tried it on multiple test systems and still unable to reproduce it. The team says they cannot fix it as they don't know what's wrong with it, and unable to debug it, not being able to reproduce the same result with MariaDB. I'm now asking them to try with PostgreSQL and -> operators.

Would it help if the team had access to my sqlassist.sas file? Perhaps it's something with my settings that causes this issue? Though I'm pretty new to Postgres so my tinkering with related settings is kept to the minimum (so far, at least :).
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It certainly would. Thank you. It would help with reproducing your setup. Could you please send settings export file to supportATsofttreetech.com. In the export options you can unselect database connections to avoid sharing sensitive data.
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much for the provided config file. We managed to reproduce the issue with PostgreSQL, but not yet with MariaDB
With PostgreSQL it impacts -> and ->>, we are still investigating the root cause. Hopefully will will succeed with reproducing MariaDB case too.
Sat Nov 28, 2020 1:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Er... You might have missed in my post above that I no longer experience the issue of the := operator cracking apart so trying to reproduce that might lead to a wild goose chase. Whether if it was you making some changes having this fixed as a side-effect, or it was me doing something, I don't know, I don't even remember when it vanished.

With that said, the null-safe equal operator <=> in MariaDB does indeed suffer the same fate after formatting. Less than and equal stays together, greater than goes to the right, and it becomes:
Code:

<= >

Sat Nov 28, 2020 2:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the additional clarifications. Yes, we have been still chasing the illusive =>
I will let them know about <=>. And thanks for the tip, I learned something new today, I have't heard of the null-safe operator before.
Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:34 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Fixed as well.
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:24 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: