SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.3.279 Pro] - Select current statement anomaly

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.3.279 Pro] - Select current statement anomaly
gemisigo

Post [11.3.279 Pro] - Select current statement anomaly Reply with quote
The Select Current Statement hotkey feature is exceptionally useful. I like that it is able to expand the selected region on subsequent keypresses of the hotkey. I especially like the way it works on CASE and nested CASEs.

However, sometimes it fails completely at identifying what is part of a statement and what is not. Check this short video here.

When invoking the feature at the statements at lines 23 or 25, SA selects the statements after which it incrementally selects the whole sequence inside the BEGIN..END part (lines 14 through 26) on the second keypress and includes the IF part (line 13) on the third keypress. It correctly selects the CASE part on line 16 but expanding that fails completely. I also fails to select the SET statement alone on line 15, it select the whole BEGIN..END part (except when I invoke the feature from inside the CASE part).

Also, when I put the cursor after or even into the word BEGIN, it only select the line containing the END keyword and putting it into the END keyword will end up including not only the lines from BEGIN but the IF part as well. The behavior of this feature is pretty inconsistent and rather unpredictable.
Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Acknowledged. Thank you for the details. We will look into that and hopefully fix it in the next maintenance release.
Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:28 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Another code part with issues. I'm moving the cursor around and press the hotkey for Select Current Statement a few times. Video about it here.
Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:14 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: