SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.3.279 Pro] - Q: Disable Database Types

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.3.279 Pro] - Q: Disable Database Types
gemisigo

Post [11.3.279 Pro] - Q: Disable Database Types Reply with quote
By my last count, SA recognizes 16 different types, most of which I've never used and probably never will. Those only get in the way when editing options and selecting Database Type for connections. I've unchecked them in Targets and DB Options and even removed them from there after unchecking didn't help, alas, without any success (except that the .sas file got about 1 MB "lighter" after the cleanup). Is there a way to permanently disable/remove those unwanted Database Types? I only want to keep the 6 types I frequently use.
Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:13 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
If I get correctly, you are referring to the Connect to Database dialog and its Database type drop-down. As far as I know it's not controlled by the options.

FYI, there is a scheduled enhancement in the queue for listing favorite (most frequently used) connections together. This avoids the need to change database type using the drop-down, would be only needed to define a new connection.
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:15 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
If I get correctly, you are referring to the Connect to Database dialog and its Database type drop-down. As far as I know it's not controlled by the options.

Yes, those and the filtering dropbox in Options:

SysOp wrote:

FYI, there is a scheduled enhancement in the queue for listing favorite (most frequently used) connections together. This avoids the need to change database type using the drop-down, would be only needed to define a new connection.

This sounds great. Have you got any date estimates on it?
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:02 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: