SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
FR: Quick way to change Auto-Close results before exec

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
FR: Quick way to change Auto-Close results before exec
Mindflux

Post FR: Quick way to change Auto-Close results before exec Reply with quote
Could a checkbox be added to the results pane that allows this option to be quickly toggled?

Usually I am all for auto-closing the results pane before execution, but on occasion when I'm comparing data between two like queries it would be nice to keep the results pane data. So it would be nice to just be able to uncheck "close results pane" in the results pane and re-run my query and when I'm finally satisfied I can turn it check it again to revert it to my preferred behavior.

I know this is probably a "big ask" since I think I'm the one that asked for a way for it to auto-close... but needs change.
Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sorry for a late reply, just noticed your message. While it's not exactly what you've asked, there are couple of tricks that you may find useful.

1. Right-click the result tab, and make if Dock -> Floating. Autoclose won't close floating windows. It will actually open a new results grid on top, which can be moved to a side, the old one will remain. But that kind of defeats the use of Autoclose feature. On the other hand it's readily available.

2. Open two editor tabs, in one of them execute the query with the result grid you want to stick around. Use the other editor tab for everything else. You can switch to MDI interface to make them both visible.

Lastly, if the result is needed for more than one session, or takes a while to retrieve and you need it later, Save the result grid to workspace database, it's quick and requires couple of clicks only. Easy to reopen too.
Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: