SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
How to increase font size of SQL Assistant?

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
How to increase font size of SQL Assistant?
hitesh

Post How to increase font size of SQL Assistant? Reply with quote
Hi,

Suggestion # 1

I am using a high-resolution monitor and I am used to the font size of 14 & 16 for all applications. I cannot find an option to increase the font size of SQL assistant code completion box and all the items look tiny. It would be a great help if the font size option can be provided?

Suggestion # 2

SQL editor is not respecting any font style other than Reg/Bold/Italic. I have tried to use IBM Plex, FiraCode, & MS Cascadia with style semi-bold/ medium but not working.
Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi Hitesh. I have submitted an enhancement request for the listed issues #SA0039399
Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:29 am View user's profile Send private message
hitesh

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Hi Hitesh. I have submitted an enhancement request for the listed issues #SA0039399

Hi There,

I am using ver 11.5 and still not seeing the option to set the font & font size for the SQL Assistant code completion box. This option will be very useful for high-resolution screens and also for users who have difficulty reading small letters. So kindly give top priority to this enhancement and provide a solution in the next release.
Wed May 26, 2021 11:42 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Do you see the same font size with different themes?
Wed May 26, 2021 12:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
hitesh

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Do you see the same font size with different themes?

Pl, see the screenshot of what I actually mean? I hope this pic is clear abt my requirement.
Thu May 27, 2021 8:43 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. May I ask you for a favor, can you please add side by side screenshot of Windows Notepad so we can see how the system font size compares to the menu in Notepad?
Thu May 27, 2021 10:49 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The reason for my asking is to better understand if it's a font scaling issue or a screen scaling. Normally, fonts should match other applications if scaled correctly.
Thu May 27, 2021 10:52 am View user's profile Send private message
hitesh

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Thank you. May I ask you for a favor, can you please add side by side screenshot of Windows Notepad so we can see how the system font size compares to the menu in Notepad?

Thu May 27, 2021 1:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is unfortunately no separate option for font size in the Intellisense lists as of version 11.5. It's based on the Windows system settings for Display. In Windows settings for Display, use the slider under the "Make text bigger" to adjust the text to the size you want.
Please see
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-the-size-of-text-in-windows-10-1d5830c3-eee3-8eaa-836b-abcc37d99b9a
Fri May 28, 2021 10:52 am View user's profile Send private message
hitesh

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
There is unfortunately no separate option for font size in the Intellisense lists as of version 11.5. It's based on the Windows system settings for Display. In Windows settings for Display, use the slider under the "Make text bigger" to adjust the text to the size you want.
Please see
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/change-the-size-of-text-in-windows-10-1d5830c3-eee3-8eaa-836b-abcc37d99b9a

See the font size in the image comparing SqlAssistant auto-completion with Azure Data Studio(ADS) auto-completion list. ADS is using the size of the editor font set by the user (not win sys settings for display).
Think about this feature. In the common options settings add an indicator "use user font size or Default size. This will be useful to many developers for sure.

Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:10 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
ADS is not a Windows native application, it's build in Node.js using Electron framework, so regular Windows features and rules don't apply to it. Most of the stuff is just like painted stuff, not native Windows controls and not dependent on Windows fonts and settings.

I do expect some enhancements in the next major version 12 that will improve the experience. There is a significant development to improve working with different screen resolution and size, and so to better manage font scaling. I do not know how in particular it's going to affect Intellisense popups, but it's very likely the font's in popups will match fonts used in the editor.
Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
hitesh

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
ADS is not a Windows native application, it's build in Node.js using Electron framework, so regular Windows features and rules don't apply to it. Most of the stuff is just like painted stuff, not native Windows controls and not dependent on Windows fonts and settings.

I do expect some enhancements in the next major version 12 that will improve the experience. There is a significant development to improve working with different screen resolution and size, and so to better manage font scaling. I do not know how in particular it's going to affect Intellisense popups, but it's very likely the font's in popups will match fonts used in the editor.

Any update on the FONT SIZE suggestion in ver 12.x as assured?
Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It can be changed it in the Options dialog
Options -> Target -> Theme colors -> [select theme you want to change] -> Assistant Popup -> Font
Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: