SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.1.105 Pro] - BUG: SE USE / schema dropdown

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.1.105 Pro] - BUG: SE USE / schema dropdown
gemisigo

Post [11.1.105 Pro] - BUG: SE USE / schema dropdown Reply with quote
Before v11.1, both the USE statement and the schema/db selector dropbox operated on the current tab in SQL Editor. After upgrading to v11.1 changes made by those seem to be global. If I change connect two tabs to the same MariaDB server, when I change the current schema in one of the tabs, it also changes the current schema for the other tab too.

Check this short video here.

I hope that's only a bug and not the new intended behavior.
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:12 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure this is not intended behavior. Looks like some cache operations optimization or something had undesired side effect. I submitted that as a high priority issue. Hopefully it could be fixed soon.
Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:31 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
In 11.1.109 it is worse than before. It is completely unreliable. Sometimes neither using USE nor changing the dropdown does change the status of that dropdown, even though the current schema is changed.
Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:13 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Do you see a specific sequence of actions that leads to that? We are having trouble reproducing it, and without that we don't know yet where to look for the root cause.
Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:36 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Nothing yet. I'm still trying.
Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:23 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We have found the root cause but still don't know exactly how to reproduce this issue. In version 11.0 there was a change to optimize the usage of "Context" detection queries and don't execute them too often when it's not really required. Based on your description of the issue, there is a gap somewhere or some concurrent processing that's causing that optimization algorithm not to work correctly. Or maybe you're running something concurrently in different tabs that's leading to incorrect sequencing of context detection resulting in incorrect state of the drop-down and other indicators of the current schema context.
Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I see. That detection stuff makes sense. I usually have multiple tabs open to the same server(s), some of them connecting to the same database/schema (eg. three tabs connecting to the schema my_schema, two connecting to my_other_schema, etc.). The issue does not happen (I think) when I only connect to one schema.

The last time I observed it, it was sort of weird. I changed the current schema in the drop-down, it flashed the new_schema_name and then promptly turned back to the previous_schema_name (which was the actual one in some other tabs, indeed). But when I execute eg. select a from b for an obviously not existing table, I get an error message stating that table b does not exist in new_schema_name.
Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:41 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: