SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[11.0.25 Pro] - Nasty freezing in SQL Editor (MariaDB)

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[11.0.25 Pro] - Nasty freezing in SQL Editor (MariaDB)
gemisigo

Post [11.0.25 Pro] - Nasty freezing in SQL Editor (MariaDB) Reply with quote
I'm constantly running into a nasty freeze in SQL Editor which makes working on our MariaDB server literally impossible. Check a short video about it here.

I have the query in the editor that creates a stored procedure and another one that calls it. I can run those two independently and they might not cause SE to freeze but as soon as execute them both in one run SE locks up. After a while, the Refreshing DB Explorer splash screen appears but SE never recovers from that, I have to kill it from the Task Manager. I've also had to disable automatic syntax check as it freezes SE instantly.
Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:38 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We suspect it's a database driver specific issue. Can you please try MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI Driver instead of MariaDB ODBC driver? Also please try ADO.NET based connection.
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:10 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
That might be the case. I don't have MySQL ODBC 5.3 ANSI but I've tried it with Driver={MySQL ODBC 8.0 Unicode Driver} and so far it hasn't frozen.

I've also installed mariadb-connector-c-3.1.2-win64 and now native works with libmariadb.dll, alas that type of connection does not work properly when calling stored procedures. It only returns the first result set from stored procedures that should return multiple ones.

As for ADO.NET, I've got no idea what to set as data provider. It doesn't want to work using MySql.Data.MySqlClient (.Net 4) and I get the following error:

Quote:

Context: Connect
Message: Could not load file or assembly 'Renci.SshNet, Version=2016.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1cee9f8bde3db106' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
Server=172.16.3.43;Port=3306;Database=nejp8;Uid=dev_gem;Pwd=**************;Connection Timeout=10;

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:53 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We believe the issue is specific to 64-bit version of MariaDB ODBC 3.1 Driver, it's nonstandard or faulty implementation of SQLMoreResults() function. We will have a workaround for this issue in the next build which we are currently testing for stability.
Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
That's great news. I'm also content using non-odbc methods if they work. Unfortunately, native is not one of them (no multiple result sets returned from stored procedures).

Any hints on what could possibly go wrong with the ADO.NET data provider?
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Build 11.0.31 is available . Please update your version.
Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:12 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: