SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
FR: Detached tabs and Always On Top

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
FR: Detached tabs and Always On Top
gemisigo

Post FR: Detached tabs and Always On Top Reply with quote
Being able to have detached tabs' AOT is a brilliant feature until it gets in the way. I'm using a two monitor setup and having the Tab manager on my secondary display is a great way to keep track of open tabs/files. The problem is when I need my secondary display to do something there and the Tab manager (or a detached result set, Recent Documents, Task Manager, etc.) are obstructing other windows. Minimizing SE leaves those tabs in their place so the only solutions are either having them closed (and reopened later) or make them not AOT, both of which are rather irksome in the long run.

I'd like to request a feature, made optional, definitely, that would make these tabs temporarily not AOT when the editor gets inactive so that other windows can move over them to the foreground, and restore them when the editor becomes active again.
Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:04 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Any opinions on this one?
Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:52 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There is a technical issue with that feature. The Tab Manager with window undocking is a kind of universal feature that can be used in SSMS and other targets. When they're not AOT, they somehow jump to the background behind the other windows when the editor is active. IMHO, using AOT is rather a poor man's solution, not a brilliant one.

I;m going to post this as enhancement request . Let's se if it can be implemented. I will post an update as soon as I hear back from the team.
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Thank you very much.
Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:33 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We are looking into adding some enhancements to improve the behavior. For the reference, here is a related ticket #SA0032077
Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:02 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: