SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
FR - Pin result set tabs

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
FR - Pin result set tabs
gemisigo

Post FR - Pin result set tabs Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it would be feasible or other users would find it useful but it noticed lately that it would come in very handy if I were able to pin certain result set tabs so that the would not close on Close All Assistant Windows.
Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:09 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
But doesn't that contradict "Close All" concept?

Actually there is a way to do that in 9.1, don't know if's intentional by design or not. Right click the tab you want to keep, and then in context menu select Dock -> Editor Tab Left, to move it to the same dock that is hosting the Database Explorer. Now, Close All and Ctrl+Shift+R don't touch that tab.

Another tip, to make the tab easier to find, you can rename it, Right-click again and Rename. In case you want to keep multiple Messages tab from different runs, rename them to something other than Messages
Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:46 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
But doesn't that contradict "Close All" concept?

Actually there is a way to do that in 9.1, don't know if's intentional by design or not. Right click the tab you want to keep, and then in context menu select Dock -> Editor Tab Left, to move it to the same dock that is hosting the Database Explorer. Now, Close All and Ctrl+Shift+R don't touch that tab.

Another tip, to make the tab easier to find, you can rename it, Right-click again and Rename. In case you want to keep multiple Messages tab from different runs, rename them to something other than Messages

Well, sort of. It would definitely turn it from "Close All" into "Close All except those excepted" in case there are exceptions. The solution you mentioned is already an exception so I guess this isn't a feature request after all. Or one that has been implemented quite fast. Moving it to left/right hand panel would not work most of the times (most result sets are wider than that panel) but inflating it (making it float :) performs surprisingly well. At least on a multi-screen config I use at my workstation.

Renaming is also good feature I wasn't aware of, thanks for bringing that to my attention.
Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:58 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: