SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] Do not provide unavailable functions

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 9.0.166 Pro] Do not provide unavailable functions
Mindflux

Post [SA 9.0.166 Pro] Do not provide unavailable functions Reply with quote
There are a number of functions in newer versions of SQL Server:

LAG(),LEAD(),PERCENT_RANK() and a horde of others that get suggested to me even though I have my target set to MS SQL 2008.

Even if I hit Ctrl-F1 on LAG() in the editor and the reference pops up, LAG() is not found in the 2008 reference, if I change it to the 2012 reference it can be found (obviously).
Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:46 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I guess that'd require some upgrades to current structure, since those aren't fetched from SQL Reference but DB Options > Custom Assistance... And that only contains only the items as a single text line, without any references to versions they are available to.

Good idea by the way.
Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You can remove functions you don't watch from DB Options > Custom Assistance option. If at any time later you decide to restore them, you can use the Import function in the Options dialog to reload SQL Assistance options from the factory default settings. Hope this works for you.
Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'm not sure having to do that would appeal to anyone frequently switching between versions, or using them simultaneously. Could that somehow be bound to the version of SQL Reference?
Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
I'm not sure having to do that would appeal to anyone frequently switching between versions, or using them simultaneously...

It doesn't appeal to me even with one version. That 'custom assistance' is one massive line that I TRIED and FAILED to highlight all of (using shift+end or ctrl-a) to copy and modify it in notepad++ or sublime text but it does not allow me to do so.

So basically to me that's ineditable as is.
Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
It isn't. It consists of many lines, each of them containing assistance to a single function. But sometimes, when applying changes to SA Options, it gets corrupted (line breaks are replaced). I've already reported that issue >>here<<.

I suggest you restore factory defaults and before applying changes, select the contents of Custom Assistance. You'll see that there are now multiple lines in it. Copy them to clipboard and cancel changes. Reopen SA Options and paste the clipboard contents over that single line and click Apply. Now you can edit its contents. Until it gets corrupted again.
Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:21 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
gemisigo wrote:
It isn't. It consists of many lines, each of them containing assistance to a single function. But sometimes, when applying changes to SA Options, it gets corrupted (line breaks are replaced). I've already reported that issue >>here<<.

I suggest you restore factory defaults and before applying changes, select the contents of Custom Assistance. You'll see that there are now multiple lines in it. Copy them to clipboard and cancel changes. Reopen SA Options and paste the clipboard contents over that single line and click Apply. Now you can edit its contents. Until it gets corrupted again.

So... ineditable.
Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mindflux

Post Reply with quote
Right click and enable word wrap also fixes the multi line issue but not the corruption of the data in there.
Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: