SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SA 7.3.421 Pro] - Beta

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SA 7.3.421 Pro] - Beta
gemisigo

Post [SA 7.3.421 Pro] - Beta Reply with quote
The good news:

The beta installed flawlessly, it loaded my settings from 7.2 without a fuss. I have to compare my DB Queries to the factory ones yet to what has changed but so far it appears to be working normally. The improvements to Repo Browser are formidable and promising.
And it seems to be sooooo much faster. How did you do that?

And a few things on the negative side:

I still miss a filter and/or a checkbox in the Repo Browser that would only show objects that have been changed.
The popup retains that slightly galling feature of expanding the schema whenever the content of the popup is narrowed down to one single schema. It might seem to be a good idea to expand it but very often it simply gets in the way. One has to collapse it with right arrow key and the reopen it using the same key again to be able type further and filter its contents. If it would switch to it after a very brief pause instead of simply expanding it, it would be great. This way it's only an otiose visual that cannot be turned off. And it's ruining my statistics. I got over 9800% today :)
Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
I still miss a filter and/or a checkbox in the Repo Browser that would only show objects that have been changed.

It's in a right-click menu, look for Show commands. Also, the repo browser now recursively shows statuses of changed items, status sort of bible up from the changed items to their folders to their parent folders and so on to make it easier to find what's changed.

Hope it works for you.

Fyi, the source control interface went through a major internal redesign in 7.3; also adds, git, github, perforce interfaces, many minor improvements here and there.
Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:36 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Hope it works for you.

It does, thank you very much.

SysOp wrote:

Fyi, the source control interface went through a major internal redesign in 7.3; also adds, git, github, perforce interfaces, many minor improvements here and there.

Yes, I see and I already like it :)
Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:28 am View user's profile Send private message
michalk

Post Reply with quote
Hello guys,
Any updates regarding release date?
Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:46 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
the release process will start tomorrow night, around 10PM EST.
Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:08 am View user's profile Send private message
michalk

Post Reply with quote
Cannot wait. Thx
Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:26 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The new version has been released and ready for download. You can grab it using Check for Updates menu or you can download it manually from http://www.softtreetech.com/sqlassist/
Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: