SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Re-generate Web Console Self Signed Certificate

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Re-generate Web Console Self Signed Certificate
jeff33190

Post Re-generate Web Console Self Signed Certificate Reply with quote
I need to modify some of the values I submitted when installing 24x7 and generating the self-signed SSL certificate. Is there a way to re-generate this without having to do a full re-install?
Thanks,
Jeff
Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:07 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Here is what I found out. There is create_certificate.bat file in the web console bin directory that can be used to create a new self-signed certificate. By default it is located in C:\24x7\WebConsole\bin
Execute that file from command window without parameters and it will print the usage screen.
Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:05 am View user's profile Send private message
jeff33190

Post Reply with quote
That looks like it would work, but it requires the password for the keystore. That password is automatically generated in the installation script and is not shown. Do you know what the default password for the SSL is ?
Thanks
Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:31 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
The password is not fixed. It is a system generated string consisting of letters, digits and and symbols. You can use your own password, just use a strong one.
Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
jeff33190

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately I used the system generated password when I installed which I don't have, therefore it looks like I won't be able to run the create_certificate.bat on the existing installation. It sounds like the best way for me to generate a new certificate with the correct information on it is to re-install 24x7.

When I do this, what do I need to do to preserve my jobs, queues, settings etc. Do I need to uninstall first since I am basically just re-installing the same version?

Thanks,
Jeff
Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:34 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You can reinstall it on top of the existing installation. In any case it is a good idea to backup c:\24x7 folder before any upgrade or update
Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
jeff33190

Post Reply with quote
When I try to reinstall on top of existing installation I get errors that it can't replace files. If I ignore I get the error again on the next file. 24x7 is not running in foreground or as a service and the web console is not running. I am running the install as an administrator. The error says the deletefile failed code 32, the process cannot acess the file because it is being used by another process.

Any ideas?
Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
jeff33190

Post Reply with quote
Not sure what the problem was, I tried running the uninstall and it left several files behind as well. I finally just re-booted and it released the files and I was able to install without a problem.
Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:20 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You may still have some jobs running.
In the Task Manager click "Show processes from all users" then add "Command Line" column to the view and see if anything is running from C:\24x7 folder. Terminate these processes and their children.
Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: