SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Web Console Compatiblity Issue in IE9

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Web Console Compatiblity Issue in IE9
jeff33190

Post Web Console Compatiblity Issue in IE9 Reply with quote
I noticed that in IE9 in the Web console if I try to edit a script that the entire script is highlighted and won't let me select any of the text in the script for editing. If I open it in compatibility mode it seems to work fine.

Unfortunately I have another web app on the same server that performs incorrectly if it is ran in compatiblity mode so I have to turn compatibility mode off and on depending on which application I am accessing on that server.

I am running version 5.1.395. Is this a known issue? Do you think it will be corrected?

Thanks,
Jeff
Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for letting us know about the issue. I have submitted it to the support system with a high priority status and hope our developers can quickly resolve it before we have a new build available, which is expected next week
Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
jeff33190

Post Reply with quote
Thanks !
Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:43 am View user's profile Send private message
jeff33190

Post Reply with quote
I have tested the latest 2 versions, 5.1.399 and 5.1.402 and I am still seeing this behavior, can you give me a status upate on the fix for this issue.
Thanks,
Jeff
Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
To resolve this issue you will need to download the following file and unzip it to C:\24x7\WebConsole\webapps folder, then restart 24x7 Web Console service

http://www.softtreetech.com/24x7/builds/24x7_web_console_5.1.395_ie9_fix.zip
Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
jeff33190

Post Reply with quote
I assume I replace the existing root.war file with the one in the zip file? I tried that but didn't see any difference in behavior in the web console on the sript editor.
Thanks,
Jeff
Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:11 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You may need to clear files in C:\24x7\WebConsole\work\Catalina. Try deleting all files and folders in that location.
Also please check C:\24x7\WebConsole\webapps\ROOT files have been updated from the ROOT.war ( the server is supposed to auto-deploy them on restart)
Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
jeff33190

Post Reply with quote
Apparently the server restart did not auto-deploy the files in ROOT.war file. I ended up manually deploying the ROOT.war file using 7-zip utility and that seems to have worked. I tested and the script editor appears to be working now on IE9 without going to compatibility mode. FYI, I also cleared the files in the catalina directory but that didn't seem to do it without the manual deployment.

Thanks for your help.
Jeff
Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:03 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: