SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Feature : $OBJECTS$ macro

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Feature : $OBJECTS$ macro
gemisigo

Post Feature : $OBJECTS$ macro Reply with quote
An $OBJECTS$ macro that has popup with checkboxes for selecting multiple objects (like the one for SELECT) would come in handy in snippets that could take advantage of selecting several objects (databases, schemas, tables, fields, whatsoever) instead of just one.
Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:01 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi. Can you provide an example of how multi-object selection feature could be used?
Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:32 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I'll try. First I have to tell that by selecting multiple object I mean selecting multiple objects of the same type and not mixing them (eg. multiple tables XOR columns).

I put two snippets into the snippets repository. The second one I use to get column (group) selectivity when creating indices, and the first one to script (save) existing indices on a selected table. I call them 'cxx' and 'sevity'.

I can trigger 'sevity' by selecting either a table in which case I have to enter the column manually or by selecting a column in which case the text in the editor will contain that column. Now if I want to get selectivity for a column group and not for just one column I have to enter them manually. Not a big deal but if I could select them from the popup it would be a bit easier.

The same applies when scripting indices for existing tables. It would be much more convenient to do it in one run than to trigger the snippet for each table one by one.
Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: