SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
[SQLAssistant 6 BETA] Hangs window in SQL Query Analyzer

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
[SQLAssistant 6 BETA] Hangs window in SQL Query Analyzer
birgerii

Post [SQLAssistant 6 BETA] Hangs window in SQL Query Analyzer Reply with quote
I'm opening like 10 sql-files at a time in sql query analyzer and install/run them (F5). Several times when SQL Assistant is running, the status of the QA freeze at "Executing query batch..." The Stop-button is grey, but it is still possible to jump to another window within the QA. I cannot stop the query, and the only way I've found to close the window is to stop the SQL server service.
It has happened several times now when I run the beta version, but not when I suspend SQL Assistant, therefore I suspect that SQL Assistant has something to do with the behaviour.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
What you are doing is incompatible with 2 features in SQL - background SQL syntax checking and background performance checking. SQL Assistant cannot execute queries using shared connection while MS SQL Query Analyzer (MSQA) is using these connections. To avoid crashes, SQL Assistant "semaphores" connection use (one query at a time in one edit window).

Your options are, don't run multiple things concurrently in the same instance of (MSQA), use multiple instances. I mean code running, not code editing
Or, in SQL Assistant Options disable advanced SQL Assistant features so that it doesn't check your code syntax and performance metrics.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
birgerii

Post Reply with quote
Just to clarify what I did, I opened the sql-files and then ran/installed them one by one, closing them one by one after they were done. I did this quite rapidly though.
I did not experience this behaviour in previous versions.
Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:33 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please try to disable the background performance analysis option and check if that makes a difference

systray icon double--click -> Options dialog -> DB Options tab -> SQL Assistance group (select SQL Server on the left) -> expand Performance Analysis group (on the right) -> Analyze Query Performance (set to False)
Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message
birgerii

Post Reply with quote
I've done some tests and it seems as disabling the analyzing of query performance solved my issues.
Thanks!
Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: