SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant version 6.0 public BETA available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant version 6.0 public BETA available
takakou

Post SSMS2008R2 MDI window change too slow Reply with quote
hi

When I Installed and start SSMS2008R2,
Query windows change is very slow.

So I Reinstall SQL Assistant Ver5.2, window change speed is good.

I hope this optimization.

Winodws XP
CPU Celeron (.... Our Office PC is poor.)
RAM 2G
SQL Server 2008R2

many thanks.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:25 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ssandu

Post Upgrading Sql Assistant 5 Reply with quote
After upgrading to beta I get this window.

Hitting OK and everything works fine till now.

Sorin
Windows 7 Ultimate
SQL Server 2008 R2
Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:10 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Repository Browser 2 Reply with quote
Got the following error message in the Repository Browser when trying to update workspace from database:

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:48 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post CTE Reply with quote
Intellisense does not suggest the defined CTE as a candidate for table name in the FROM section of the SELECT following the definition of the CTE. Also, Refactoring -> Qualify Object Names would like to stick 'dbo' to the front of the CTE name, which in turn would break the query.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:16 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In reply to the first issue. Please restart SQL Assistant from cvommand line in Run As Administrator mode, then re-enable SQL Asisatnt add-on for SSMS. Please see this topic http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22943 for details.

In reply to last 2 posts. Thank you and thank you, I will log both cases. Hope to see them fixed soon.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:54 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In reply to "Self-intgrity check failed" - Please verify you are srarting the correct version. For example you have installed v6 in "C:\Program Files\SQL Assistant 6" folder but then started a different version from "C:\Program Files\SQL Assistant 5" or something similar.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:59 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi All,

Please use a separate topic for each type of issue. It will be easier to track it and reply to your messages.

Thanks,
Sysop
Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:00 am View user's profile Send private message
ssandu

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
In reply to "Self-intgrity check failed" - Please verify you are srarting the correct version. For example you have installed v6 in "C:\Program Files\SQL Assistant 6" folder but then started a different version from "C:\Program Files\SQL Assistant 5" or something similar.

It seems that I must uninstall v5 before installing v6.
In Add/remove programs it v6 but on hard drive are both.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:59 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That's ok to have both, just don't run them parallel
Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:29 am View user's profile Send private message
knechod

Post Startup Connection and Structure View Reply with quote
When creating the connection to the database, it would be nice to include the option of inspecting the database to find the database to use.

Also, I had no feedback when I was first started the connect database dialog. I was trying to do a default ADO.NET connection (it was to the local instance, master database). I pushed the button, and nothing worked. I little status bar at the bottom, telling me what it tried to do, and why it was unsuccessful, would have been AWESOME!

BTW, I very much like the structure window. Excellent for navigating large scripts. But some way of commenting would be good. Perhaps a special token within a comment?

Kevin
Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
knechod

Post Cannot Register New Editors Reply with quote
I tried to follow your instructions to register WordPad, but the Ctrl-F5 combination did not work. I did check to make sure Ctrl-F5 worked in SSMS (Parse).

I tested in Wordpad, emacs and gedit, with the same result. In the case of emacs, it specified that C-F5 was undefined.

I am running Vista Business SP2 on a Dell Optiplex 960 using a wireless keyboard (Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0A model 1045).

Kevin
Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
evans036

Post Reply with quote
total noob here... is this where we post suggestions for the beta????

i just downloaded the beta (lured by the promise of free license)

it does not seem to work with Aqua Data Studio (which is the primary database tool i use). it gives me error: 'Unsupported window class (SunAwtFrame)' when i try to register that app. RATS!

so i have been playing with it in ultraedit and i like it.

however: i work with many oracle schemas (we have about 300 on our prod database server). i am generally working with 2/3 schemas for any particular project. is there a way in SA that we can at least set a default schema (which is not necessarily the one i log in under) so that i can just see those tables?

thanks,

steve
Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
kechod, targets are registered/modified with Shift+Ctrl+F5.

evans036, I'm not familiar with Oracle, but you could filter your tables by modifying DB Options -> DB Queries -> Objects (Oracle). It's plain SQL with some parameters included from SA but adding some extra conditions to the WHERE part you should be able to achieve your goal easily.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In response to knechod

Quote:
When creating the connection to the database, it would be nice to include the option of inspecting the database to find the database to use.

Also, I had no feedback when I was first started the connect database dialog. I was trying to do a default ADO.NET connection (it was to the local instance, master database). I pushed the button, and nothing worked. I little status bar at the bottom, telling me what it tried to do, and why it was unsuccessful, would have been AWESOME!

BTW, I very much like the structure window. Excellent for navigating large scripts. But some way of commenting would be good. Perhaps a special token within a comment?

Would you please start a separate topic to make it easier to reply to your message, rather than having all postings in the same message thread?

I'm not quite sure I understand what you are asking. Are you referring to the Connect to Database dialog? something else?
Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
in response to
Quote:
I tried to follow your instructions to register WordPad, but the Ctrl-F5 combination did not work. I did check to make sure Ctrl-F5 worked in SSMS (Parse).

The combination is Ctrl+Shift+F5 and it works fine in Wordpad. Please give it a try.
Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: