SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
MySQL Error (1142): mysql_stmt_prepare

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
MySQL Error (1142): mysql_stmt_prepare
ldr

Post MySQL Error (1142): mysql_stmt_prepare Reply with quote
Hi,

This is my first use of SQL Assistant. When I try to use it with my mysql database I've got the following error :
Quote:

Prepare: MySQL Error (1142): mysql_stmt_prepare
Client: 5.1.44
Server: 5.0.51a-24+lenny2
SELECT command denied to user 'glpi'@'a0cgyltp014525.gie.dat.bollore' for table 'user'

select
SCHEMA_NAME, 'SC'
from
information_schema.SCHEMATA

union all
select
concat('''',user,'''@''',host,''''),'SL'
from
mysql.user

If I use another tool to connect to the DB using the same libmysql.dll (HeidiSQL) it is working. However executing the same request with the other tool also raise an error.

It seems that some rights are missing on my db. I receive an access denied on information_schema.SCHEMATA.

How can I do to solve it ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Laurent

PS : SQL Assistant 5.1.40
Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Most likely you have privileges for information_schema schema but don't have privileges for mysql schema user table.

You have 2 options:
Request SELECT privileges for mysql.user table
or customize SQL Assistant options and comment out the part of the "Schemas (MySQL)" query referring to mysql.user table. This change can be made in Options dialog -> DB Options tab -> DB Queries group -> Schemas (MySQL) -> query text . Please note that if you remove references to mysql.user table, some of the prompts displayed by SQL Assistant may appear to contain incomplete information or may not work at all. For example, you won't be able to get SQL Intellisense for security related operations like GRANT or REVOKE, etc...
Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: