SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Macro combinations

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Macro combinations
gemisigo

Post Macro combinations Reply with quote
I'd like to create a snippet that has a $PROMPT$ macro with a default value that is a result of another ($$..$$ type) macro. Is it possible to create a working version of something like this?

Code:

$PROMPT(fk_table,Foreign key holder table,$$SELECT TOP 1 s.[name] FROM Mdbo.sysobjects s WHERE   s.xtype = 'U' ORDER BY   s.crdate DESC$$)$

May I suggest implementing $OBJECT1$ and $OBJECT2$ macros? They could be very powerful when combined...
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I tried that and other variants and it seems to me it is not currently possible to feed results of code execution to the following or nested $PROMPT$ macro. That macro seems to be parsed and processed before the code run.

My conclusion is that nested $$.$$ or $..$ macros are not supported.
Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:37 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
$.$ macros can be easily nested inside $$.$$ ones. The only complex $.$ macro is PROMPT, but if you failed at it too, I won't experiment anymore with them.
That's a pity :( I wanted to create a series of PROMPT using snippets that could supply their defaults or a list of options that depend on table data. Would you consider that feature in a future version (if it's not too difficult to implement, of course)?
Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your suggestions. I'm going to submit an enhancement request for that. I just don't know whether this can be done or not, I'm not sure if there are presently any technical limitations for nested macros
Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: