SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
MySQL Query Browser anomaly

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
MySQL Query Browser anomaly
gemisigo

Post MySQL Query Browser anomaly Reply with quote
Something weird happens in MySQL Query Browser 1.2.17 under Win 7 Pro. I did not experience it under Win 2k3 Server or Win XP. When I type SELECT and press space, occasionally the word SELECT disappears and the space is inserted in its place. The same thing affects other keywords (FROM, INSERT, etc.) and the table/column names too, whether they are entered by typing or selected from the popup. It happens randomly, I could not determine when or why. It does not occur in SSMS nor in Notepad++ (connected to both MSSQL Server and MySQL server).
Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:52 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Is MySQL Query Browser (MQB) version the same on your Windows 7 system? Do you use the same code formatting rules? Do you use the same custom code snippets on both system? I mean is that possible that some code snippet is interfering with the typing?
Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:15 pm View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Is MySQL Query Browser (MQB) version the same on your Windows 7 system?

Yes, it is.

SysOp wrote:
I Do you use the same code formatting rules? Do you use the same custom code snippets on both system?

Yes, I do. I installed it and then copied the .sas file over the default. After that I tried to export from VM and import on Windows 7 to see if that changes anything. It didn't.

SysOp wrote:
I mean is that possible that some code snippet is interfering with the typing?

It might be. I asked support for a private build and it caused MySQL to act strangely in VM. I mailed my settings file to support and they found that something (the connection part?) in it was causing the strange behavior. It might as well be the reason here too.
Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:32 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your detailed answers. I checked with the team and found out that we are working on these issues.
Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:44 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Are there any improvements regarding this issue?

UPDATE:
It seems that something is wrong with formatting. I turned off "Convert Keywords to" (it was set to Uppercase) and now the problem is gone.
Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:18 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I cannot tell you if anything has changed in this area, we are expecting 5.1 very soon, and I hope it won't be an issue.

But I learned recently about the cause of the issue, thanks goes to one of the users who reported the same issue recently and told us how to reproduce it. It depends on the sequence in which you start certain programs on Vista and windows 7.

So, if you can reproduce this issue again, try restarting SQL Assistant running in the system tray and then restarting MySQL Query Browser. On your system, it could be that if MySQL is started first, the Intellisense will work ok, or the other way around, SQL Assistant started first. Then MySQL Query Browser.
Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Intellisense is not the issue here, it works flawless. The characters I type are thrown away.
Unfortunately I can reproduce that any time. It does not happen always but occurs three or even four times out of five which is pretty annoying. I tried what you suggested but the order of starting SQL Assistant and MySQL Query Browser does not seem to play any role, it keeps wiping the keywords and selected popup items. Turning on Convert Keyword makes it (and me too) go mad :) Turning off vanquishes typing problems. Tables selected from the popup still vanish frequently though.

The same applies to code formatting. Pressing CTRL+F11 tends to leave me with an empty editor. Pressing CTRL+Z steps back and I can see the code selected. The same as with keywords. As if it would somehow fail in pasting the formatted text over the selection.
Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:37 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
I just want to report that with 5.1.7 everything is back to normal in Query Browser, keywords and selected popup items no longer vanish to oblivion. Nice job!
Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:43 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you. I'm glad it's working for you now.
Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:14 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: