SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant - Error - self-integrity check failed!

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant - Error - self-integrity check failed!
tdryan

Post SQL Assistant - Error - self-integrity check failed! Reply with quote
Hello: I receive the following error on SQL Assistant 5.0 install. The install goes fine; however, the message renders on initial load. I couldn't find any info on your board. Can you please help? Thanks...

Wed May 26, 2010 12:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You are fighting your Vista system and enjoying its UAC features. When your programs make configuration changes in the registry or configuration files, your Vista silently wipes them out after logoff.

To fix that and make changes permanent, start SQL Assistant from Windows Explorer, using Run AS Administrator mode. when you get the message click OK, it will make the required changes in the registry. Restart SQL Assistant normally.

Similarly, if you see other anomalies, like SQL Assistant cannot run as a plugin in SSMS or in other tools, new formatting rules or code snippes not getting saved, etc… new upgrades don't add new features to the existing config, in other words your settings aren't sticky, you need to start the editors and SQL Assistant in admin mode and then make the desired changes in SQL Assistant settings (or install an upgrade)
Thu May 27, 2010 8:44 am View user's profile Send private message
tdryan

Post Reply with quote
That worked, thanks. For those having similar issues with Windows 7, that's what I'm using. The UAC 'features' still apply and SysOp's recommendation solved the issues...
Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:12 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for the status update. I'm glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. If you need anything else, please let us know.
Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:18 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: