SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant 5.0 BETA program is starting this week March 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant 5.0 BETA program is starting this week March 4
neverden

Post Reply with quote
The beta expired for me and it will not take my 4.x key
Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:27 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please download a more recent beta build. The beta build you are running is outdated. For details please go here http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23064 - the link is in the first post
Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:43 am View user's profile Send private message
neverden

Post Reply with quote
I did that before I posted. I am running 5.0.93
Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Please try restarting your PC. It worked fine for me. Maybe you didn't have all target editors shutdown when installing the upgrade
Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
neverden

Post Reply with quote
I stand corrected. It says "0 Days Left" but it seems to be working.

Next question, if I use a snippet that has a $COLUMNS$ in it (for example 'iv') it doesn't honor my formatting options. It seems to break around 60 chars and line the column names up. I have my line wrapping set to 150.
Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:57 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'm afraid this type of macro is designed to wrap columns horizontally after some predetermined length, which is not driven by the line wrapping option. In theory you can create a $$...$$ macro that takes output of $COLUMS$ macro, and reformats it as needed. Here is some idea for T-SQL based snippet, not a complete snippet

$$
DECLARE @my_car VARCHAR(max)
SET @my_var=replace(replace(replace(trim(' $COLUMNS '), CHAR(10), ' '), CHAR(13), ' '), ' ', '')
SELECT 'SELECT ' + @my_var
$$
FROM $OBJECT$

This will output columns on a single line. You can add additional code to wrap them after 150 characters

Last edited by SysOp on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
Please download a more recent beta build. The beta build you are running is outdated. For details please go here http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23064 - the link is in the first post

I thought you were going to post when a new build was ready, so we knew to upgrade.
Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:48 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I believe your statement is correct. Somehow, we have missed to post couple of most recent new-build announcements. I looked everywhere and the only place where the latest build is mentioned is on the download page. Please accept our apologies for the caused inconvenience.

A full release version 5.0 is coming out in a few days. I'm quite sure we are not going to miss that one. Please stay tuned.
Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:13 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
I believe your statement is correct. Somehow, we have missed to post couple of most recent new-build announcements. I looked everywhere and the only place where the latest build is mentioned is on the download page. Please accept our apologies for the caused inconvenience.

A full release version 5.0 is coming out in a few days. I'm quite sure we are not going to miss that one. Please stay tuned.

It's eagerly awaited :) What about its price? Will it be the same as 4.8?
Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I can only say that there are going to be 2 different editions, standard and pro, priced differently. All users with current maintenance contracts will get a free upgrade to the pro edition. The rest is less clear, details are still being worked out. As far as I know there are going to be also some additional promotions.
Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
amirsalehi18@msn.com

Post Re: SQL Assistant 5.0 BETA program is starting this week Mar Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
If you are interested in beta testing this new version, you can download the most recent beta build here http://www.softtreetech.com/sqlassist/beta.htm

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
judahr

Post Reply with quote
What if our current keys purchased this year, don't show as valid? Are we to expect a new build in the next 2 weeks?
Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:53 am View user's profile Send private message
gemisigo

Post Reply with quote
Will there be an upgrade license from 5.0 standard to 5.0 pro?
Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:56 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yes, there is one.

By the way, we have a special deal for active beta testers, which is a free pro license. Please contact sales to claim your license.
Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Effective immediately SQL Assistant beta program for version 5 has ended and the new version 5 is officially has been released.
Thank you everyone who participated in the beta testing!

In appreciation for your help and continuous support, in the next few days we will be sending free SQL Assistant Professional edition licenses to most active beta testers.
Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:41 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: