SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
sublime text editor

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
sublime text editor
saigon

Post sublime text editor Reply with quote
hi,

any chance of having S.A to work with sublime text editor ?

http://www.sublimetext.com/

That would be great !

Sai
Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Have you tried registering it as a new target using Ctrl+Shift+F5 hotkey while the focus is in the editor?
Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Out of my curiosity I downloaded the mentioned editor as I've never heard of it before.

The interface is very cool, and I like it much, although I personally prefer editors with context sensitive toolbars and menus containing icons for most common operations so that I don't have to remember myriads of different hot keys. What also struck me, is the editor's "minimap" feature which somehow I thought was unique to SQL Assistant, and not available in code editors and main-stream development tools. I mean the feature which in SQL Assistant we call "Bird's View"

Unfortunately the editor doesn't seem to be compatible with SQL Assistant. It is pretty much a custom-build editor, which doesn't process many standard Windows events and messages associated with an edit control, and as the result, SQL Assistant is unable to communicate with the editor. I don't think that building anything custom for this type of editor is a feasible option for us at this time. It seems that too few database developers and DBA use this advanced editor which is not designed for database development or management.. I'm sure SQL Assistant could bridge that gap, if it could be plugged in.
Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
saigon

Post Reply with quote
thanks for the feedback !

i thought so about it. i'll stick with scintilla.

Regards,
sai
Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: