SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQLState = 42000

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
SQLState = 42000
DaveG

Post SQLState = 42000 Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm getting the following errors after trying to create a new data change audit table. When I hit the 'Proceed' button, I select the repository database, hit 'Ok', and then these errors pop up. I have a Windows Vista box with SQL Server 2008. I'm running the program as Administrator and gave the account full access to SQL Server to include sysadmin, db_owner on master table, etc (just in case) and I'm still getting this error. I'd like to think it's a permissions error, but with how open I made the server I don't understand why it would be.

SQLState = 42000
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
Password validation failed. The password does not meet Windows policy requirements because it is too short.

SQLState = 42000
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server
The specified schema name db_audit either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave
Wed Dec 16, 2009 7:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
This error means that SQL Server doesn't like the default password used for db_audit login and considers it not being strong enough, even though the default password contains mixed case letters and digits and special symbols and is 10 characters long.

You can modify the default password in File/Options menu, Password tab and set it to whatever you want and make it acceptable to your SQL Server/Windows security policy.
Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:00 pm View user's profile Send private message
DaveG

Post That worked! Reply with quote
That fixed it. My network's group policy had a higher requirement than the default password.

Thanks again,
Dave
Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: