SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Integration

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Integration
haskouse

Post Integration Reply with quote
Hello,
I have just installed SQL ASSISTANT V4.8.24 and I just don't know how to use it.
I want to use it with
Oracle 11g
Mysql 5.0
Notepad ( the windows one )

I read the documentation available in the official site but it doesn't work.

I installed the soft , I can see it in the taskbar but when i open "sqlplus" or "mysql client" nothing happens.

I'm using Windows 7

The question is : how can i integrate SQL ASSISTANT ?

thanks a lot,
Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

Do you mean MySQL Query Browser when you refer to "mysql client" or something else?
Do you mean graphical Windows version of "sqlplus" or command line?
Did you enable Notepad target in SQL Assistant options? If not, double-click on the icon in the system tray and tick Notepad target. In the options for this target choose type of the database system you want to use it with.
Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:32 am View user's profile Send private message
haskouse

Post Reply with quote
Hi,
first thanks for the reply...

Q1 : Do you mean MySQL Query Browser when you refer to "mysql client" or something else?
A1 : i mean launching Mysql in the command line

Q2 : Do you mean graphical Windows version of "sqlplus" or command line?
A2 : i'm talking about the command line , cause i don't have the graphical windows version

Q3 : Did you enable Notepad target in SQL Assistant options? If not, double-click on the icon in the system tray and tick Notepad target. In the options for this target choose type of the database system you want to use it with
A3 : I did what you said , but i did not work;

would you mind explaining me how to use this soft step by step , please,

thanks again for your attention.
Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:08 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi,

Command line tools are not supported. This is a Windows based application that attaches to graphical editor windows and controls and extends their functionality, basically converting them to full blown SQL development environments with 4th generation SQL Intellisense, code layout/formatting/refactoring, one-click data and code previews, hints, instant SQL help, and lots of other functions. Please see screenshots available here http://www.softtreetech.com/sqlassist/more_screenshots.htm and here http://www.softtreetech.com/sqlassist/index.htm (SQL*Plus is among them)

It is a big package, not a single function utility. I'm unable to describe everything step-by-step. The installed software comes with 200 pages of documentation, you are welcome to read it. Supported target editors and other important details are well documented in that file. I'm happy to help with any specific tasks or with troubleshooting any specific operations.
Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: