SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Tab doesn't bring up a selected option

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Tab doesn't bring up a selected option
sun21170

Post Tab doesn't bring up a selected option Reply with quote
In all intellisense I have used so far, including Visual Studio and SQL Prompt, I have seen that when an option is selected in intellisense, then one can simply press TAB which will automatically select the option. But in SQL Assistant, this doesn't happen. Rather, I need to press 'Enter' to select the option. TAB not working as expected is quite counter-intuitive.
Is there a plan in near future to include TAB functionality as mentioned above?

Sunil
Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Using TAB as a list item/menu selection key is intuitive? Common. Where else in Windows or any other OS have you seen this behavior? All recent versions of Visual Studio also understand using ENTER for item selection.

By the way, you can choose to use TAB as an item selection key, or use both TAB and ENTER. It is supported, but not set by default. The default option is to use the Windows system-wide item selection key, which is ENTER. Please see SQL Assistant options for more info, "List Item Selection Key" configuration option for your target editor/IDE.
Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:29 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Hi there. I also would like to mention support for Arrow Right/Left as item selection/deselection keys in multi-item selection lists. I mean the use of combination of 4 cursor navigation keys to scroll and select multiple items without using a mouse, in such places as procedure parameters and column lists after SELECT/INSERT/EXEC/CALL/etc... keywords.
Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:11 am View user's profile Send private message
sun21170

Post Excellent Reply with quote
I am discovering that SQLAssistant is even better than the prompt stuff I am using. You have a lot more options.
I think your product is 'excellent'.
Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:13 am View user's profile Send private message
sun21170

Post A better default setting Reply with quote
I think it would be a good idea to have 'Enter, TAB' as a default when product is downloaded, rather than just 'Enter'. A lot developers are used to 'TAB' key.
Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:16 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Thank you for your nice comments. Perhaps the choice of the key or keys to use could be made during the setup program run.
Fri Aug 07, 2009 1:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: