SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Stored Passwords Getting Deleted

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Stored Passwords Getting Deleted
agroisman

Post Stored Passwords Getting Deleted Reply with quote
This could be related to http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22799 (not sure yet)

I'm currently using version 4.6.12 on MS SQL Management Studio Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio v9.00.3042.00, and ever since I upgraded to version 4.xx I've been getting this problem...

I have a set of registered servers with the login/pwd set and the "remember password" option checked.
Whenever the problem described in http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22799 occurs, I try to reconnect to the db (that always fixed the problem), but in most cases the stored password is not shown and I have to reenter it. It's very random though, sometimes the stored password is there, sometimes it's not.

Again, no error messages are displayed.
Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
In case this occurs again, please open SQL Assistant options and navigate to DB Options tab; expand DB Connections group of options and check whether the password for the affected connection is blank or not. In other words, please try to isolate this issue and figure out if it only affected the Connect dialog not filling in the password value or the password value is lost completely.
Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: