SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Scheduler Becomes Unreliable

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite View previous topic
View next topic
Scheduler Becomes Unreliable
BillR69

Post Scheduler Becomes Unreliable Reply with quote
For a long time, I was running 24x7 (Windows 3.5.2) on a server that was quite busy performing a variety of duties (running MS SQL, applications, services, etc. 24x7's reliability on this server got worse and worse. Scheduled jobs would just stop running. The Scheduler would hang. The log was filled with bizarre messages about not being able to find job queues.

So recently, I upgraded to the latest version and installed it on a fresh machine that was dedicated to doing nothing but running 24x7. I have about 100 jobs, and I migrated them all over to the new machine. For about two or three weeks, everything was great. Just to be safe, I still would periodically restart 24x7 and also restart Windows. But then after about three weeks, things began to deteriorate badly. Now I am back to jobs that are supposed to run just disappearing from the schedule. The scheduler frequently hangs with a message in the log that says "Unable to add new job to the "DataFilesJobs" job queue. Maximum queue size reached. 24x7 is waiting for free space to become available in the queue." I have not added any new jobs, so it seems there is some sort of internal deterioration going on.

Do you have any ideas on how I can get 24x7 to be reliable? Is there any sort of "cleanup" I can do? Should I try copying all the jobs to a new job file again? Would that help? Any info you can provide is appreciated.
Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:31 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » 24x7 Scheduler, Event Server, Automation Suite All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: