SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SSMS 2008 Slow Tab Switching
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SSMS 2008 Slow Tab Switching
maxpesola

Post Reply with quote
I have the same, exact problem , it's born with the v4.1 , the previous (3.5 , 4.0 betas and final) have not the problem.
I've xp sp3 , sql server management studio 2005 on db 2000, visual studio 2005, office 2003, avira antivir, another (unique) my collegue that is testing the trial of v4.1 has also the slowdowns and high cpu usage, same configuration of me...
(not only the tabs are slow , also others parts of sql server as the search on page , the maximize of program, the closing of program, the right button into sql window...)
Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:13 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We are looking into this, but so far unable to reproduce.
Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:19 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Here the suggestion I got from our developers

Turn off full menu integration option and leave Context menu option only. This will make it easier for SSMS to redraw the top level menu when tabs are switched.

Please let us know if this helps.
Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:40 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Status update: we were able to reproduce this issue on a development system For tracking purposes, issue SA#2320. A functional change will be made available in the next build. Top level menus will not be updated when focus is switched between edit windows. States of top level menus will be updated when they are activated.

As a workaround for now, please change menu integration option for SSMS target from "Full" to "Context" - this can be changed in the SQL Assistant options, select MS Management Studio target, expand Advanced options, change Environment Integration option for this target.
Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
maxpesola

Post Reply with quote
SysOp wrote:
As a workaround for now, please change menu integration option for SSMS target from "Full" to "Context" - this can be changed in the SQL Assistant options, select MS Management Studio target, expand Advanced options, change Environment Integration option for this target.

I've tried this, it worked but "partially" , if i open multiple sql-tabs (ten now), ssms becomes very very slow, as before i changed the option...
Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:26 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We are going to ave a new build likely released later today which will address this issue.
Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:41 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: