SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
License-Key and more

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
License-Key and more
Larkov

Post License-Key and more Reply with quote
Where and when do I get the new license-key (I am in the 1-year-period)? The old seems to fail.

You write:

>1. Enhanced 4th-generation SQL IntelliSense+ functionality, now supporting intelligent keyword suggestions,
>package variables, and more.

I do not see the similar functionality to the "Local variables". Isn't it better to offer a second point "Package variables" in the context where the "package variables" of the actual package are offered? At the moment I have to type in the packagename I am already in (to get them)!
If another developer sees this kind of code with packagename in front of the packagevariable even I am already in the package I name they think I am silly.

And a bug: if I press CTRL-{Blank} I see the context-list with "Local variables" on top. If I type in a letter it disappears together with all other non-fitting entrys. So far: ok. But if I delete the letter all contexts come back, but not the "Local variables"-entry. I have to close the context and press CTRL-{Blank} to get it back.

Yours, Michael
Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:15 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Quote:
Where and when do I get the new license-key (I am in the 1-year-period)? The old seems to fail.

Please email to sales@*NOSPAM*softtreetech.com and request license upgrade. Please indicate your current license key and whether you got annual maintenance included with your license.

Quote:
And a bug: if I press CTRL-{Blank} I see the context-list with "Local variables" on top. If I type in a letter it disappears together with all other non-fitting entrys. So far: ok. But if I delete the letter all contexts come back, but not the "Local variables"-entry. I have to close the context and press CTRL-{Blank} to get it back.

I'll submit this issue for further investigation. Thank you.
Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:40 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
For "CTRL-{Blank} I see the context-list with "Local variables" on top and Backspace" can you provide a code sample which can be used to reproduce this issue?
Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
Larkov

Post Reply with quote
First I had a problem myself to reproduce. :-)

But now I understand the problem.

Press CTRL-{Blank} and you will see "Local variables" and the other objects.

Now press a letter which is NOT the first letter of a local variable. So you do not see local varaibles any more and just the objects which have this first letter.

Now press Backspace and all objects will come back. But not the "Local variables"...
Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:28 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
We are unable to reproduce this issue, that's why we asked for code fragment.

Here is an example of what I tried

Code:
DECLARE
    myvar INT;
BEGIN
   SELECT  |

after SELECT and get a list of everything. I type "a" and entire Local Variables section disappears because there are no variables starting with "a" Along with variables a lot of other stuff disappears from the list, which is expected. Now if I press Backspace, everything comes back, including Local Variables section. Note that SELECT is not required, I just used it as an example.

Are you doing something similar?
Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:14 am View user's profile Send private message
Larkov

Post Reply with quote
I took your example, opened a SQL-Window in newest PL/SQL-Developer and did this:

First picture: typed in {Blank} behind the SELECT. All ok.

Second picture: typed in "a" (local variables disappeared). All ok.

Third picture: typed {Backspace} (local variables still not visible). Not ok.

Fourth picture: typed in "m" (means: a local variable exists). Local variables and its variable "myvar" does appear in a strange way. Not ok.

Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:03 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Pklease let us know which versions of SQL Assistant and PL/SQL DEveloper you are using.
Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:13 am View user's profile Send private message
Larkov

Post Reply with quote
The newest: :-)

SQL-Assistant 4.0.30

PL/SQL-Developer: 7.1.5.1398
Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:29 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I'll check if we got that version of PL/SQL Developer and try it in that version.

PS. I have already tried it in DB Tools and in Toad and my results do not match your screenshots.
Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:39 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: