SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Word completion questions:

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Word completion questions:
RobCrockett

Post Word completion questions: Reply with quote
I am evaluating this tool for our company. I have some questions about code completion.

First, when entering an exec statement there we don't use named parameters. How can I get SQL Assitant to complete the stored proc name without putting in the parameters?

Second, can it be set to complete keywords?

Third, can it be set to create 2 letter aliases for select, update, etc based on initial caps rather than on name parts separated by the underscore?

I am using SQL assistant 3.5 in SQL managements studio setup for SQL Server 2K.
Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
1. Set Auto-Expand SQL Code option to False.

2. SQL Assistant has been designed for professional software developers who are concerned with the speed of codlings, efficiency and code accuracy. Displaying annoying prompts after each keypress was never envisioned for that and never considered as a helping function. Yet as we receive feedback from the rapidly growing user base we see that a lot of beginners in the database development are using this tool, and they keep asking for assistance with keywords. We are working on adding this optional feature which should be available in version 4. As an intermediate solution you can use the solution described here http://www.softtreetech.com/support/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=22428.

By the way, have you looked into the SQL Reference feature and the graphical SQL coding? If not, for begging press Ctrl+F1 after some keyword and check how it works. It is much more efficient and helpful then unrelated prompts for keywords.

3. Sure, that's what code snippets feature is for. In fact this is the simplest possible use of code snippets.
Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:27 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: