SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
About Tab

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
About Tab
judahr

Post About Tab Reply with quote
v.3.5.11

Super minor thing: Productivity Gain looks like a link.
Thu May 08, 2008 1:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
It is. Right-click it.
Thu May 08, 2008 2:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
By the way, what's your % number?
Thu May 08, 2008 2:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
judahr

Post Reply with quote
167% But I think that is before I turned off history. Select <enter> from is how I normally type queries and I had a really big query in history. Maybe one day SQL Server will support the new LINQ query format. https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLServer/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=342783

Didn't realize it was right-clickable. I just reset it so I can see. It is a cool feature. Great for cost-justification.
Thu May 08, 2008 2:19 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
There are some additional details available in the right-click menu in the editor, in the SQL Assistant's branch, look for Statistics. You can see for example, how fast you enter code type in different editors (typing speed) and how productive you are. Because it a function of average CHARACTERS PER MINUTE not including all long pauses, you can use it to figure which editor is kind of more convenient or working better for you. Here is what I mean, perhaps there is a hot key available to comment out block of code and it takes you only 1 second. In the other editor, there is no such hot key, there is a 4 mouse clicks operation taking 3 seconds to do the same thing. So different editors can have different bells and whistles together making you more or less productive. The stats in the right-click menu can help you measure your productivity in different editors, not just with and without SQL Assistant.

PS. The biggest timesaver appears to be using the interactive code snippets feature. Of course it takes time to learn and get used to this feature, but once you start using it full speed, the productivity numbers will shot through the roof. In some of our tests involving full day coding of stored procedures, the numbers were in 1200% to 3000% range. No kidding.
Thu May 08, 2008 3:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: