SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Problem getting System Audit to start in MySQL

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools View previous topic
View next topic
Problem getting System Audit to start in MySQL
valkyrie

Post Problem getting System Audit to start in MySQL Reply with quote
We're trying to evaluate DBAudit, and I'm running into some difficulties getting it to work with my MySQL setup. The server is Red Hat Linux Enterprise 5, running MySQL 5. The client computer is running WinXP. I have a successful connection to the MySQL server, but cannot enable system auditing. I've copied the two .so files to several directories (in hopes that one will work), including /lib, /var/lib, and /var/lib/mysql, but I still get the following error in mysql.log whenever I try to enable auditing:

Quote:
080102 9:10:52 [ERROR] Can't open shared library 'db_audit_mysql.so' (errno: 0 db_audit_mysql.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
080102 9:10:52 [ERROR] Can't open shared library 'db_audit_sendmail.so' (errno: 0 db_audit_sendmail.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)

The basedir in the my.cnf file is /var/lib. The db and user have been created and seem to have appropriate permissions. The errors would seem to indicate we just don't have the files in the right folder, but I've put them everywhere I can think of, including where the install directions asked me to.

Ideas?
Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
You should copy them to a directory listed in LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You may also specify path to DB Audit's .so files in /etc/ld.so.conf file. Please note that libmysqlclient.so must also exist in the same directory. (See MySQL documentation where you can put libmysqlclient.so). Make sure it has libmysqlclient.so name, not libmysqlclient.so.15 or any other. You may create a link to a specific shared library (libmysqlclient.so -> libmysqlclient.so.15).

Please let us know if this helps.
Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
gdavila911

Post same problem Reply with quote
Hi
I have the same problem with MYSQL in UBUNTU.
Did you find the solution to this problem?
Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:42 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Have you followed instructions providedi n the previous post?
Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit MySQL server?
Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:49 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » DB Audit, DB Mail, DB Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: