SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Cache Problem

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
Cache Problem
Kenneth

Post Cache Problem Reply with quote
I'm using the software with Query Analyzer. I have problems with the cache used by the software. Whenever I have built a new user table, the software won't recognise it immediately. I have to clear the cache in order to do so. This actually leads to my believe that the software is using its cache most of the time. However, whenever my query is still running in a windows, the software won't allow my to change my query. An error showing no connection appeared. May I know why the software isn't using the cache in such circumstance?

Thanks,
Kenneth
Mon May 14, 2007 11:50 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
While SQL Assistant's popup is on the screen right-click on it then choose Refresh from the context menu or right-click n the Query Analyzer window and choose SQL Assistant -> Refresh Cache from the Query Analyzer context menu or right click SQL Assistant icon in the system tray and then click Target -> Refresh Cache menu. After any of these actions your new table should appear in the popup list right away.
Mon May 14, 2007 12:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
Kenneth

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for your reply. Actually, my problem is more on how to edit the query when it is being run. So far, an error message will pop up in such case.
Wed May 16, 2007 6:11 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
That's a valid error, because the connection is being used. To avoid it, run and edit in different windows or use the Suspend option to disable SQL Assistant while your query is run then use Resume to resume it.
Wed May 16, 2007 8:27 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: