SoftTree Technologies SoftTree Technologies
Technical Support Forums
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
SQL Assistant Timeouts

Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant View previous topic
View next topic
SQL Assistant Timeouts
toast

Post SQL Assistant Timeouts Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm still on 2.0.13 BETA waiting for the sales dept to respond to my email.

Anyway I'm getting a dialog box error for one of my databases when I type "SELECT "

I'm using SSMS

The error message is as follows:

"SQL Assistant - Error

Message: Timeout expired. The timeout peroid elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
Context: Fetch
select
name, xtype, id
from
[<myDB>].dbo.sysobjects
where
xtype in ('U','S','V','P','X','RF','FN','TF','IF')
and uid = @b0
and not (name = 'dtproperties')
and not (name like 'dt%' and xtype = 'P')"

There's an OK Button, and when I press it, SQL Assistant displays the objects of the database.

Now when I run that statement myself without the uid = @b0 then it returns 134 records but continues to execute indefinately, stuck on something!

However each time SQL Assistant wants to display itself, it waits the 30, times out, then shows the 134 objects.

Now obviously there's something funny with my database, it could have objects trying to access other database objects that no longer exist, but I'd appreciate it if SQL Assistant once the timeout happened, didn't continue to try and run that query again because it will continue to time out.
Thu May 17, 2007 1:06 am View user's profile Send private message
SysOp
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Sounds like something is wrong with the query execution plan. Perhaps you may need to run dbcc to check sysobjects and its indexes.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms174338.aspx

Also you may try to defrag the database compressing the database (backup, free empty space with move empty pages to the end of file option)

And by the way, I checked with sales and it appears that an email was sent to you just a couple of days ago with the license info. Please check your email filters and the provided valid email address.
Thu May 17, 2007 8:11 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    SoftTree Technologies Forum Index » SQL Assistant All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: